Hotel Urban Madrid

Search

Hotel Urban Madrid

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Urban Madrid

We have booked a room at this new Derby Hotel in Madrid (seemed a good price at 120 E per night). However, it seems that the hotel is not yet even open! The website said December 03. I am getting a bit panick - we leave June 17th. Anybody have any info about this hotel (location, how complete it looks, is this too risky)?
Old Apr 26th, 2004, 07:04 PM

There are a couple Derby hotels in Madrid, which one are you booked in? I am guessing the Urban, because the web site it is to open in June, 2004 (don't see Dec 03). I suppose they think they are okay as it wasn't supposed to be open yet. The location looks okay, that's a nice enough area (inbetween Puerta del Sol and the Prado) , but I would prefer to be closer to a metro stop myself. You probably got a good rate because it is new. Don't know any more than that. I was just in Madrid and stayed in the Intur Palacio San Martin which I just loved, what a wonderful hotel.
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 03:37 PM
Original Poster

Yes, it is the Hotel Urban - they must have changed the expected opening date due to delays. Like I said, it seemed a good deal for an upscale hotel, but I'm worried about it's readiness for my arrival on June 18th. Anybody been by and seen the state of it? Big holes in the walls or near completion? Should i reserve a back-up hotel just in cae?
Old May 3rd, 2004, 06:13 AM

Christina,

Thanks for the great tip about the Palacio San Martin! We checked it out based on your recommendation and have booked it for our October trip. It looks like a wonderful place, at a bargain price.
Old May 3rd, 2004, 03:20 PM

Mary Fran
Christina

Could you tell me how you got your good rates for Intur Palacio San Martin?
We also will be in Madrid in October.

I just looked up rates at--online_hotels-inmadrid.com & got rates of $170 & up.
I'm hoping to not go over $150 & since we'll be there for 5 nights I'd like to keep it about that price.

I can't seem to find their direct e-mail address, if indeed they have one.
Old May 3rd, 2004, 06:03 PM

The rate is $116, which I think is amazing for a 4 star. I booked in on www.venere.com, which I've had good experience with in the past. I think it was actually a little cheaper on Travelocity, but I'd already booked on Venere.

Venere sends your request to the hotel, which follows up with a confirmation, so I always feel a little more secure booking through Venere.
Old May 3rd, 2004, 06:40 PM

Mary Fran--

Looks like you got a good deal.
Thanks for your reply. I just went to the venere web site & it tells me that they have no rooms for my Oct. dates!!
I just can't believe that.

I then went to travelocity & received a price of $193 per night. This seems like it's too much.

Any other ideas? Perhaps someone could forward to me the e-mail address of the hotel & I could contact them directly.

Old May 4th, 2004, 06:50 AM

Travelegs,

I just checked again, and I was still able to get a cheap rate for various days in October. For some reason, I couldn't get the rate all the time. You might try duplicating what I did:

Go to www.yahoo.com, and type in the search string, "Palacio San Martin venere." Put your dates in and see what happens.
Old May 4th, 2004, 05:07 PM

Mary Fran:

Thanks once again.
Did what you suggested & still no luck.I keep getting a message that my dates are not available. I do see the good rate for some days as you said. I've been able to get this hotel on other sites but for a much highter price.

I'm going to try to write to them--the old fashioned way! Unless--SOMEONE HAS THE e-mail address for this hotel--Intur Palacio San Martin.

If that fails, we'll consider Hotel Opera. Does anyone have an opinion of Hotel Opera, or should I just keep trying for Palacio San Martin?

Old May 4th, 2004, 06:52 PM

Travelegs,

The e-mail address is [email protected]. The link to the website is http: www.hotelinturpalacio.com. Good luck!
Old May 11th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Original Poster

I'm glad Mary Fran and Travelegs have gotten some good info from this thread but I'm still having the same dilemma: Any idea about the Hotel Urban in Madrid? Anybody heard any info about whether it is on track for completion? Or even worth staying at? thanks