Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel Torcy, 58 Rue de Torcy - Need contact number - Kerouac help please?

Jan 18th, 2008, 04:50 AM
tod
Original Poster

Ever since you told us about those cheaper hotels I have seriously thought of giving one of them a try - only problem is, I can't find The Hotel Torcy's web page. Many other Torcy Hotels but not this particular one.
I'd really like to book it Kerouac. Can you help me?
Jan 18th, 2008, 05:01 AM

No web page or reservation agency, because this type of hotel is below the internet radar...

The Torcy's Hotel
58 r Torcy
75018 PARIS
01 46 07 83 13

Torcy Hôtel
58 r Torcy
75018 PARIS
01 46 07 27 29

That's off the "pages jaunes". I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if one of those numbers is actually a fax number.

Don't forget to check out the yellow pages photo options yourself to see if the visuals make you go "ugh" or not... (www.pagesjaunes.fr)

Actually, the photo isn't all that bad.
Jan 18th, 2008, 06:14 AM
tod
Original Poster

Blimey Kerouac, that was quick! THANKS!!!
Yes, I did a little stroll around all the hotels you mentioned and was quite taken with the facade of Hotel Torcy. Looks even better than the Hotel Clement just off Blvd St. Germain!(Well, thats my view).

As a matter of fact I have already done your whole WALK of that area on PagesJaunesPhotosdeville.
Couple of things struck me immediately, one of which was the cleanliness of the streets. Even terrible old Rue Myrah looked 10 times better than some of the best street in my town! OK - the graffiti problem is really bad in Paris and I wish the Mayors of each arr. would enter a competition with each other as to who can clean it up the fastest ( there is an excellent product on the market)Maybe with a really BIG prize at the end. I know - it will all come back eventually but maybe with heavy fines for people caught???

Anyway, I digress. Thanks a whole bunch once again.
Jan 18th, 2008, 02:27 PM

I hope that your trip isn't in the next month, because I passed the Hôtel Torcy this afternoon, and the entire façade is covered with scaffolding for the usual steam cleaning, crack repair and repainting that one must do every 15 years or so. (In the years of coal burning, it was every 8 years.)
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:36 PM
tod
Original Poster

No, Kerouac - Booked for 19 & 20th May. Hopefully they will be finished by then!
Although I made the booking per telephone, I faxed them as well asking for a return fax confirmation. On the 'phone they did not ask for any details like my telephone/fax number or credit card No. Only name & dates. I thought it wise to give them these details so they can be sure we'll pitch.