Hotel suggestions for Scandinavia

Old Jan 9th, 2019, 01:43 PM
Original Poster

Hotel suggestions for Scandinavia

Hi, we are getting excited now that the trip is only a few months away (June). We would appreciate hotel suggestions for Coppenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, and Stockholm. Also recommendations re which part of the city is your favorite to stay in. I'm thinking we want to stay places that a taxi can access because I don't know how much walking my husband will be up to (also elevators are probably a must). We would be looking in the 4 star range I think (I'd like to keep it under $400/night although I know Scandinavia is expensive). Tak
Old Jan 9th, 2019, 02:34 PM

Stockholm
Sheraton Stockholm has a convenient location, close enough to Gamla Stan
Radisson Blu Waterfront is convenient to central station
Radisson Strand has a great location by the water

Copenhagen
Hotel Admiral - some rooms are odd shapes due to the fact it was a warehouse in the past but it is a lovely hotel
Marriott - good hotel, rooms facing the water are the best, no Scandinavian atmosphere at all but it is a very good hotel, probably need a taxi to/from various sites you want to see
Guldsmeden Babette - boutique hotel with plenty of character, great location, some others in the Guldsmeden chain are quite good too
Hotel Alexandra - if you are into midcentury furniture and Danish furniture in general
Radisson SAS Royal - iconic hotel, very famous, if you like Arne Jacobsen, this is the place to stay, very good location for central Copenhagen
Old Jan 9th, 2019, 03:08 PM

We were very pleased withour stay at the Grand Hotel in Oslo. The staff went above and beyond with their service and the location was excellent. Their dining room was superb. The Nobel Peace Prize winners stay there.
Old Jan 9th, 2019, 06:38 PM
Original Poster

thank you HappyTrvlr and Odin, this is great
Old Jan 9th, 2019, 11:49 PM

Stockholm: First Reisen, Berns, Ambassador

Bergen: Hanseatic, Bors, Rosenkrantz, Oleana
Old Jan 10th, 2019, 03:39 AM

I haven't stayed at a lot of hotels in Copenhagen as I lived there for whole summers starting back in the 1970s. I was last there in summer 2017, but now stay for 2-3 weeks when I go.

If I were to select a hotel in the heart of Copenhagen, then I'd select Skt.Petri hotel. That building used to be Daells Varehus department store and my Danish-language school was a 5-minute walk around the corner. The hotel is about a 10-15-minute walk to Nørreport Station, in one direction, and a 10-minute walk to The Walking Street-Strøget, in the other direction. Plus, a block from Nørreport Station is Torvehallen with lots of food choices. That square used to be an outdoor, open-air vegetable/fruit square, but some years ago it was enclosed.

https://www.sktpetri.com/rooms/

https://torvehallernekbh.dk/det-sker/ Maybe you can pull it up in English. I read both English and Danish and thus haven't accessed an English page.

Have a wonderful trip to Scandinavia. Sorry, I can't help with Sweden and Norway, but although I used to go there a lot, I haven't been to either Norway or Sweden for a couple decades as I spend all of my time in Copenhagen.

Happy Travels!