Hotel St. Jacques or Le Regent

Oct 2nd, 2007, 12:43 PM
Original Poster

Hotel St. Jacques or Le Regent

Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels- I can't decide between them. Thank you.
Oct 2nd, 2007, 12:52 PM

type in the hotel names (one at a time) in the search field. Dozens of posts about these hotels.
Oct 2nd, 2007, 01:02 PM

I stayed at Hotel St. Jacques this past March. Loved it. Very clean and convenient. Staff is very helpful and speaks English.
Oct 2nd, 2007, 01:17 PM

I had wanted to book a room at Le Regent this past summer. I decided against it as they do not have non-smoking rooms. We ended up staying at Hotel Claude Bernard (in the 5th) which is entirely non-smoking.
Oct 3rd, 2007, 04:38 AM

I would stay at the Regent only if I had one of the higher grade rooms. Their standard rooms as tiny and quite gloomy, in my opinion.
Oct 6th, 2007, 01:41 PM

I haven't stayed at either but have heard more than once that Regent is wonderful but get the deluxe rooms as the standard rooms are a bit dark, small and gloomy.
Oct 6th, 2007, 03:10 PM

Haven't stayed at St Jacques, but have stayed at Le Regent in both a standard room and a deluxe. The standard room was small, but looked out onto a courtyard, so was very quiet,and had a large bathroom. The deluxe looked out onto Rue Dauphine, was bigger and also had a large bathroom. One of our friends stayed there at the same time as us, in a standard room, but her room had a shower which was really very small and was quite hard to get into.Obviously the deluxe is bigger, but I would be very happy to stay again in a standard room.I think if you ask for a room with bath you seem to get a larger room. The staff are wonderful, the nicest we have come across in Paris hotels, and the location is superb.
Oct 6th, 2007, 03:41 PM

Both are located in areas with heavy pedestrian traffic, but I prefer the Le Regent's location more. I haven't stayed at either hotel just passed by them. Any standard sized room in Paris will be tiny, bathroom even tinier. Just choose the location you like better.
Oct 7th, 2007, 07:13 AM

I've stayed at Le Regent more than once and yes, I'm one who has often said get a deluxe or superior room. But meanwhile a couple people have reported that the standard rooms have been redone and while still, of course, small, they are quite nicely decorated. By the way they've recently totally redone their website -- have you looked at it?

http://www.hotelleregent.com/