Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel St Paul or Le Saint Gregoire Paris 6th?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 10:21 AM
Lynne

Can anyone help me decide between these tow hotels in the 6th district? Both seem to have good replies. Thanks in advance.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 10:24 AM
alison

If you can get the St. Gregoire take it. We wanted to stay there in October this year but they're booked solid already.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 10:59 AM
Kathy

We stayed at the Hotel St. Paul in Nov. 2000 and liked it very much. Good location near Luxembourg Gardens and all the action in the 6th. Easy walk to major attractions--Notre Dame, Louvre, etc. Superior rooms were roomy and had new bathrooms. Standard rooms appeared to be much smaller--not enough room for two people. Rooms facing street may get some morning noise from trash trucks, but usually quiet. Did not have breakfast at the hotel since there were so many nice cafes around. Very friendly resident cat on premises. Pleasant staff. Don't know the other hotel.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 10:59 AM
kate

Friends stayed at the St Paul last fall.<BR>They loved it.Very nice staff,very helpful.Small rooms, but nice.Great location.Price is definitely right.<BR>

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 11:28 AM
Lynne

Alison, did you stay at the Saint Gregoire in the past? If yes, what was it like. Thanks.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 11:54 AM
Lizbeth

Lynne, I stayed at the St. Paul last June and loved it. Had a upper floor room at the back, quiet and shaded by a big tree. Super neighborhood, right on the border of the 6th/5th, safe at night because of all the restaurants. And yes, Sputnik the cat and Hugo the golden retriever were definite pluses IMO.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 07:52 PM
Sherri Kardell

Dear Lynn; I stayed at the Gre'goire 2 years ago and loved it . I also like the d' aubusson a lot I can't say enough good things about it; also the hotel Bucci in the 6th is fun and pretty but the rooms can be smallish. You can't beat that neighborhood though.<BR>Viva La France....Sherri