Hotel St. Jacques

Search

Hotel St. Jacques

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel St. Jacques

Has anyone had any experience staying at this hotel. The photos look great and the location seems perfect. Thanks for any input. We are staying for a week from Oct 21 - 28. We're thinking of the deluxe double for 124 euros per night. Thanks again
Old Jun 27th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Original Poster

Just to note, this hotel is in Paris, in the Latin Quarter. I notice the forum is Europe and there may be more than one hotel with this name.
Old Jun 27th, 2006, 05:10 PM
blh

We stayed at Hotel St. Jacques about 18 months ago. We thought the location was great, and the hotel very nice. The lobby and dining areas have been remodeled since we were there, and I'm sure are even nicer than when we were there. We had one of the rooms on the top floor which was very small. The bathroom also was very small - an attic type room - could not stand up in the tub to shower. I'm sure the other rooms on the lower floors are larger. We were happy with the hotel and would stay there again (but would want one of the larger rooms).
Old Jun 27th, 2006, 06:22 PM

We like the location of the St. Jacques. Because it does not have a/c we will be near by in August at the Claude Bernard. Our daughter and her friend stayed at the St. Jacques a couple of years ago and enjoyed it immensely. October is a good time to be in Paris. Deborah
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 04:04 AM

ttt
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 04:37 AM

We just stayed there in May (2006) and it is an absolutely beautiful little hotel. I'm not quite so sure why it doesn't get more attention on this board. Recently remodeled (and very beautiful) excellent location and friendly staff. We had room 38 on the ground floor directly behind the lobby desk. Absolutely beautiful and big. Room is featured in their brochure. The only downside to this hotel is that there is NO AIRCONDITIONING!! I wouldn't be able to take that room in summer as the windows don't open (ground floor to the sidewalk). In May when it was cool outside, the room was a little warm and we had a fan in the room turned on. If you are going in the cool months, this is a steal of a deal for a hotel.
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 08:17 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone for the information. We booked the hotel this morning and will report back later this year. Hi to PeggyAnn.
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 08:21 AM

To answer your question, DinPa-those of us who really love this special two star hotel don't really want to talk about it too much...
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 08:28 AM

How funny, GirlTravel, I feel the same way!!! I'm a recent (May 06) and ardent convert to the St. Jacques.
Old Sep 30th, 2006, 05:27 PM

I have my own post on this question, but I wanted to add it here as well.

Has anyone stayed a single room here that does not have an ensuite bathroom. I have such an offer for a good price, and I'm wondering what to make of it. Is this room even smaller than the others ... with how many other rooms does it share a bathroom?
Old Sep 30th, 2006, 05:53 PM

JoeTro - the St Jacques website implies all rooms are ensuite - are you saying you're booking a room that is not ensuite?

Prspine - Hotel St Jacques went thru its 15 minutes of fame a couple of years ago; was mentioned and recommended very often on this board. Don't know why it has seemed to fade of late. Here are some previous posts:

Author: dekoder
Date: 02/21/2006, 09:04 pm
Whenever in Paris I stay in the 6th, usually at St. Jacques (http://www.hotel-saintjacques.com/).
That said, I'm 28 and like the nightlife, so that's why I like the area. The hotel is pleasant, clean, and the rooms insanely small, but with cool little balconies that can see the tops of the notre dame and the pantheon. I like the 6th because it's the most central arrondissment that still feels a little like natives actually live there.

Author: BabsB
Date: 09/21/2006, 10:00 pm
We always enjoy the Hotel Saint Jacques located at 35 Rue des Ecoles. Check out there website at http://www.hotel-saintjacques.com/index.htm. It will fit within your budget and very pleasant and close to transportation and many sites.

Author: blh
Date: 12/28/2004, 10:11 pm
We stayed at Hotel Saint Jacques(in the 5th) for 85E which is more than $100 - but since it includes the taxes, it isn't too much more. Our room was on the top floor and was small, but nicely furnished. There is an elevator, but you have to walk up one flight of stairs to the top floor.
Old Sep 30th, 2006, 06:17 PM

They provided this website, which does suggest some rooms are not ensuite:

http://www.paris-hotel-stjacques.com

Old Sep 30th, 2006, 06:25 PM

OK - it's only mentioned on the price list...
Old Oct 1st, 2006, 05:23 AM

I e-mailed to ask about the bathrooms, and they said they were outside the room (I already knew this part). I also asked about how many rooms it's shared with, and got no reply to this. I'll try again, as I'd like to know