hotel Rome and Florence

Search

hotel Rome and Florence

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hotel Rome and Florence

Once again, we are looking for hotels in both cities for our honeymoon. We are staying in the Hotel Danieli in a suite in Venice, so we don't need anything that fabulous. However, we would like something nice under $300.00 per night, preferably with balcony/terrace. But not $150.00. I would like some wow! Suggestions would be great. (I did check out Hotel Lungarno in Florence. That is great but just a little too high).
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 12:10 AM

Hi there,

I don't think you mentioned the time of year you will be here? $300 in high season will get you something very different than $300 in low season, so provide dates and I'll send you some ideas!
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 02:55 AM
Original Poster

oops...we will be going in October (from the 16th thru 28th).
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 04:57 AM

You will not have a terrace but you can have a room looking out onto Piazza della Signoria in florence if you stay at the B&B In Piazza della Signoria. You can see the rooms on their web site. We paid 234 Euro last month for a huge double room (Michaelangelo) with a bed draped in a filmy silk canopy; the linens were high-count Frette. The rooms have flat screen tvs and you can have free internet in the lounge. Bathrooms are fully tiled and the bath products were by Etro, a very high-end Italian fashion house. There are original frescoes on the high celings that make the room quite romantic. It is a very upscale B&B (for that price, of course) and you can have the run of the place..upstairs they have a kitchen with frig stocked with wine, sparkling wine, cheeses, hams, fruit...to take whenever you want. Breakfast is served in the dining room at a long, polished wood table (you eat with other guests; there weren't any when we were there) set with silver candelabra and coffee service..it is an elegant place and the english-speaking staff are very helpful. I think it would be a wonderful honeymoon spot. Prices are a little higher in spring but still within your budget. The location is about the most convenient in Florence. www.inpiazzadellasignoria.com.
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 06:42 AM

In Rome, look at Hotel Ponte Sisto.

http://www.hotelpontesisto.it/web/

EXCELLENT location and a top quality property.

Not sure, but the private terrace/balcony rooms might be slightly over your budget. The regular rooms are well within however.