Hotel recommendations with view Sorrento

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2016, 07:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be spending 3 or 4 days in Sorrento at the end of September, traveling with family of 5 (all adults). Looking for a nice hotel with a view and possibly a pool that would be mid-range to high/mid range in price. Probably need a triple and a double.
Old Mar 4th, 2016, 08:10 AM

What is mid-range to high mid-range to you? Need to be specific. It means different things to different people and is different for different areas.
Old Mar 4th, 2016, 09:15 AM
WWK

Look at Bellevue Syrene and Hotel Tramontano. Bellevue Syrene is slightly more upscale. Both are within walking distance of old town restaurants, shopping.
Old Mar 4th, 2016, 10:18 AM

The Capodimonte
Old Mar 4th, 2016, 11:22 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for these recommendations. I am thinking $300-$400 a night for each room. Perhaps a triple which may be more and a double. I want to be close enough to walk to Sorrento center.
Old Mar 4th, 2016, 05:16 PM

May not be within your price range but we have stayed at the Excelsior Grand Vittoria. We had a room with a balcony overlooking the Bay of Naples; there are terraces along the back of the hotel with fantastic views and a private elevator that takes guests right down to the dock where the ferries and hydrofoils land.

The hotel is set in a large gorgeous garden with pool so it's quiet but the drive lets out into the main square of Sorrento. It also has free parking if you have a car.

For your dates the prices might not be too bad.
Old Mar 4th, 2016, 10:58 PM

Oh if only the Excelsior Grand Vittoria was in the $300 to $400 range ...

Hotel Bristol if any rooms available. Try the website as often you can find rooms available there when they are sold out on booking.com
Old Mar 5th, 2016, 02:35 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
funny, I was going to mention the Bristol. DH and I stayed there about 40 years ago [our first foreign trip together!!] and when I went back to Sorrento a few years ago, I was thrilled to see it was still there.

The only disadvantage is that it's not IN Sorrento but it does have a pool and views and I seem to remember a shuttle bus down to the centre of the town.
Old Mar 5th, 2016, 04:35 AM

I'll second WWK's suggestion of the Bellevue Syrene. Here's a photo I took from my room: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

(Not every room has a terrace, but the view from any sea-view room would be similar.)
Old Mar 5th, 2016, 05:19 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Bookmarking
Old Mar 5th, 2016, 06:58 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much. I checked out the Excelsior and it might work getting a double and a triple. And tramontana looks nice too. Problem is I have champagne taste with beer pocketbook. Bel idea sureness is $600 a night.
Do you know of Hotel Regina
Old Mar 5th, 2016, 07:00 AM
Original Poster

Correction: Belview syrene is $600 a night.
Old Mar 5th, 2016, 08:22 AM
WWK

I got a kick out of "Bel idea sureness". Very funny!

If it's within range, the sea view w/terrace rooms at The Tramontano are very nice. The hotel has a small swimming pool out front, and an elevator that whisks guests downstairs to the hotel's private swimming pier/beach.

The location was wonderful, we walked everywhere. Piazza Tasso was about ten minutes, old town about five.

Good luck!
Old Mar 5th, 2016, 08:39 AM

We loved our stay at Hotel Mediterraneo in Sant'Agnello; it was a pleasant 15 minute walk into the centre of Sorrento or the hotel runs a shuttle.

We had the most beautiful view of the Bay of Naples from our room. They have a very nice pool with poolside cafe, in the season there is an elevator you take down to the sea where they have a bathing platform, refreshments etc. Nice staff, we loved the modern fresh vibe at the hotel.

It is in line with your budget I think.

www.mediterraneosorrento.com
Old Mar 5th, 2016, 09:51 AM

The Tramontano Hotel is my choice as well. We stayed there a few years ago and loved the location. Not all the rooms have a large balcony overlooking the Bay of Naples, but ours was almost as big as the room! I hope it fits into your budget.
Old Mar 5th, 2016, 10:59 AM

Another vote for the Mediterraneo in Sant' Agnello.
Old Mar 5th, 2016, 02:48 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your help. The Bellevue and the Excelsior are $1000 a night for a triple. So that's that. But I am liking Mediterranean very much. I had wanted to be able to walk into the main piazza in Sorrento and walk to the ferry. How far of a walk is it? Also, did you feel that the shuttle ran frequently enough or ease of getting taxis? I will have a car from Rome. How easy is it to turn in the car in Sant'Agnello or did you arrive by train?

Tramontano is also in the running as it is more central. I'll just have to figure how to get the best deal.
Old Mar 5th, 2016, 03:54 PM

We enjoyed the Grand Hotel Riviera. Superb views from its clifftop location and a short stroll into the town. Booking.com is showing four nights within your budget, end of September.
Old Mar 5th, 2016, 04:45 PM

joycap, we easily walked into Sorrento and down to the ferry from the Mediterraneo. From the hotel to the main piazza in Sorrento was 20 minutes tops at an easy pace, we did not use the shuttle. The walk down to the ferry is pretty steep and I can't remember how long it took from the main piazza but there is a way to go down using stairs rather than walking on the road.

It is easy to get taxis.

We had a car but left it parked most of the time we were in Sorrento ( we used it for our week on the Amalfi coast before Sorrento) and the hotel has free parking. We picked up our car in Sorrento near the train station, which is not all that far from Sant'Agnello.
Old Mar 5th, 2016, 05:08 PM

We got a good deal on the Mediterraneo's website by paying in advance. I realize not everyone wants to do this but it worked for us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -