Hotel Recommendation for Rome

Old Apr 14th, 2003, 06:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Recommendation for Rome

Has anyone here stayed at Residenza San Pantaleo near the Piazza Navona? I am a single traveler looking for something in a safe area and would appreciate any recommendations. I'd like to keep it under 100 eur.
Thank you
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 02:14 PM

hi
if you do a search here for that hotel by name you will find previous comments
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 02:25 PM

Here is the URL for your identical thread from only a couple of hours ago, which has two replies: http://fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=null&tid=34412576

(Posts get "pushed down" by questions with newr responses, so you have to scorll down and click on "Next 50" to find them once they're not on the first "page" of this forum.)

As Elaine said, much positive feed back via a text search. I stayed in an apartment rented through them during my last Rome trip, and found the staff very helpful.
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 02:28 PM

Hi Cookie. I didn't stay there, but I took a look at it (because I was staying in the same building) and it looked like a very good value for the money.

As for the area, it's not only safe, but very well-located, only a short distance from the south end of Piazza Navona.

Along with the San Pantaleo, you might also want to consider the place we stayed, the Hotel Primavera, in the same building but on a lower floor. The prices are roughly the same as the San Pantaleo and I would think they'd have at least one single room.
Old May 3rd, 2003, 04:58 PM

Dear Cookie

My family (2 sons, husband and I) stayed there last July. We rented 2 rooms. One was very small with a balcony overlooking a tiny courtyard and with the smallest shower I have ever seen. The other room faced a busier street, but with the windows closed the room was quiet - and it was fun to watch the hustle and bustle outside from the window.

Problems with the hotel. The large room did not have a working airconditioner or working tv when we arrived. When we returned to the hotel several hours later the problems were corrected. However, we did take cold showers most of the days we stayed there. The hotel seemed to be working on it, but it was not fixed during our stay. The rooms themselves were sparce, but clean and charming in their own ways.

For any of its faults, however, the location could not have been better. It was basically within walking distance of everything, and backed up to the Piazza Navona. We felt very safe there, and I would definitely recommend it.

Good luck.

Kat