Hotel on Lipari or Panarea

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced but characterful hotel in Catania and then a hotel with the same criteria on Lipari or Panarea? We are a family of four travelling in April hoping to learn something about Etna and all the volcanic phenomena in the Aeolian islands.
Old Feb 18th, 2008, 07:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not sure if they have rooms for 4 people but Diana Brown's B&B in Lipari is great:

http://www.dianabrown.it/en_index.html

We found it very central, clean, bright and well equipped. Diana is friendly and helpful. We'd definitely go back there.

Kay
Old Feb 19th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Original Poster

Thank you very much for that. It looks great. I wonder what time of year you went. I am a bit concerned that in April it will not be warm enough for swimming - do you have any views? Last time I was there was August 28 years ago (!), when it was so hot I got badly burned, but I have also been on Capri at end of May and it has been distinctly chilly.
Old Feb 19th, 2008, 08:50 PM

As you are four and if I understood your needs, I suggest you, in Catania the HOTEL LA VECCHIA PALMA
www.lavecchiapalma.com
Its location is in the center of the center of Catania ! at Via Etnea, the famous street of Catania.
You should ask and reserve the suite for 4 persons: perfect for you.
In Lipari, I suggest you VILLA AUGUSTUS, a very charming hotel and an unusual location www.villaaugustus.it .
In Panarea, I suggest you HOTEL TESORIERO www.hoteltesoriero.it .
If you want also smart advices for restaurants, I can give you: feel free to e-mail me or ask here.
Have a lovey trip, ciao.

Vincenzo
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 12:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Emma,
It was late September when we were on Lipari and we didn't go swimming. The weather was sunny and warm but not hot. We needed long sleeves at night when the sun had gone down.

Lipari is lovely, quiet and peaceful with some great views. We really loved Taormina too even though I was worried beforehand about it being really expensive and too posh. (It wasn't.)

Kay
Old Feb 21st, 2008, 05:22 AM
Original Poster

Thank you very much for all the help. The Catania hotel looks just the ticket Vincenzo and thanks for the weather tip Kay.