Hotel near Venice airport, or stay on Mestre

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hubby and I have an early morning flight (6:55am) out of Venice. I know the Aliliquana (sp?) boat takes you direct to airport, but we don't want to leave at 4:00 am in the morning, and I doubt it runs that early. Does anyone know of cheaper hotels near airport? If we stay on Mestre, is it easy to get from Mestre to airport? any help would be appreciated. Cheers.
Old Jan 17th, 2005, 01:24 PM

We stayed on Mestre several years ago at the Best Western/Hotel Bologna (right across the street from the train station to Venice-8 minutes across the lagoon and what a view!)We had come from Florence by train with a last minute change in plans. It was very reasonably priced,great rooms.huge bathroom and a wonderful breakfast buffet downstairs with unbelievable choices.Our flight was leaving before 6am and the hotel prearranged our taxi for the morning-taxi was there and we were at airport within 10-15 minutes tops.We really enjoyed getting away from the crowds at night by going back to this hotel and the money we saved was the best part.Hope that this works out for you!
Old Jan 17th, 2005, 01:32 PM

dutyfree - this might be a stupid question .. I'm not familiar with the BW you mentioned - is it on the "land" side? I'm looking for a place in April - but I will need to be able to park there.
Old Jan 17th, 2005, 01:42 PM

I posted the same question awhile ago. We are probably on the same flight and have decided to stay at the Plaza Hotel in Maestre. The train station is directly across the street from the hotel so we will either go out early in the day, leave our stuff and take the train back to Venice for the day and evening and then train back or just stay in Venice until the evening after dinner and take the train then. I belive the hotel has a shuttle to the airport. We just couldn't see paying so much to stay in a hotel in Venice when we would not get much sleep.
We checked Venere.com and the hotel directly for rates and found them to be cheaper directly with the hotel.
Old Jan 17th, 2005, 02:28 PM

Try Hotel Olimpia near the Piazza Roma. The bus station is right there and you can take a 20 minute public bus ride to the airport. I have not stayed there myself but the hotel is right on the Grand Canal and they said they have public parking. You can find it on the web site at www.hotel-olimpia.com
It is very reasonable from what I can see and the buses run every 20 minutes.
Old Jan 17th, 2005, 06:06 PM

celtic--yes, Mestre is on the mainland.