Hotel near CDG

Jan 25th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Original Poster

Hotel near CDG

and for our last night in France, any suggestions for decent hotels near CDG - looking for decent comfort, but luxury not important - just want to be well rested before our flight. thanks
Jan 25th, 2011, 04:31 PM

We stayed at the Akena hotel in St. Witz. Basic but clean. It is ten minutes north of CDG.
Jan 25th, 2011, 05:29 PM

When I missed a flight from CDG to the US two years ago, I stayed at the nearby Ibis. The room was clean, and the bed was comfy-- but the hotel was not elegant for sure. I took advantage of their free shuttle both from the airport to the hotel and back again the next morning for my rescheduled flight.
Jan 25th, 2011, 11:36 PM

I have stayed at the Ibis, and the Hilton (last one bid on Priceline.. for very very cheap). Both were adequate and convenient.
Jan 26th, 2011, 12:03 AM

Both the Mercure and The Country Inn Hotel & Suites which are located within the CDG campus are fine - I've stayed in both on countless occasions (shuttling in and out of CDG on a weekly basis for work).
Don't expect speedy service in the restaurant of the CIH&S though. But the food's good in that unfussy french chain-hotel kind of way.
The Mercure will cost more and the levels of service and amenities reflect this - but there's absolutely nothing wrong with the CIH&S.

Dr D.
Jan 26th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Original Poster

Thanks!
Jan 26th, 2011, 05:49 PM

Where are you coming from that you want to stay at the airport. Bid on Priceline.