Help. Paris Hotel

Aug 26th, 2003, 06:20 AM
Original Poster

Help. Paris Hotel

Help, I lost my file with Fodorite recommendations for moderately priced hotels near CDG Airport. We just need a room for one night, but want to make sure there is a short, freed shuttle ride to and from the airport.

On another issue, any suggestions for acquiring discount tickets on the TGV from the airport to Angers?
thanks.

Jeff
Aug 26th, 2003, 06:39 AM

The Ibis is a plain pipe rack hotel at CDG. Curious, however, why do you "need" a hotel at CDG?
Look on the SCNF site for TGV. If your trip is far enough off there may be discount tickets. Another question--does the TGV go to Angers from CDG or do you need to go into Paris?
Aug 26th, 2003, 08:35 AM

I helped a friend bid on PriceLine for a hotel at CDG, and she was able to stay at the Marriott Courtyard there for
$40/night for a double in May 2003. If you bid on a 3-star at CDG, you'll get the Marriott because it's the only one that PL uses in that category at CDG. Here's a review of the hotel (be sure to copy both lines of the URL):

http://pub180.ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpedia
biddingfrm87.showMessage?topicID=181.topic

I found this information at www.biddingfortravel.com. (I'm not associated with PL or BFT) If you have any
questions about using PL, post here.
Aug 26th, 2003, 08:54 AM

FYI: The TGV does go from CDG to Angers. I took it two years ago. I purchased my tickets when I arrived at CDG.
Aug 26th, 2003, 11:57 AM

I don't know about prior recommendations, but I think the Novotel and Mercure at CDG would be mid-price level (both 3*). The Ibis is a 2*, I guess, a little more budget. There are some others a little away from the airport that might have free shuttles, but I don't know (like Campanile).

Here is a web page with CDG hotel choices and info and links -- DO NOT LOSE IT!! The Ibis at the airport is the one at Roissypole.

http://www.gaf.tm.fr/fr/france/
hotels/parisiledefrance/valdoise/
roissyenfrance.php
Aug 28th, 2003, 07:57 AM
Original Poster

Thanks again. I won't lose it this time.

Jeff
Oct 12th, 2003, 02:29 PM

Just came back from Paris. Stayed at Sheraton at CDG (moved Amex points to Sheraton program). If you have enough points (or can combine points with cash), you could get a higher end hotel and not have to stay some place cheap.

Also, since I hadn't seen this posted elsewhere, I made note of the 4 hotels that are "on site" at the airport:
* Sheraton (located in the middle of CDG2 and adjacent to the RER entrance)
* Hilton (short walk away from entrance to RER at CDG1)
* Ibis (located adjacent to the RER entrance at CDG1)
* Sofitel (seemed to be furthest away of the four hotels)

Also, as mentioned in other posts, Marriott Courtyard is off-site. It is right next to another hotel, called Suitehotel, but I noticed a couple of Suitehotels on the A1 into Paris, so you'd have to be careful to get the right one. Not sure if the Suitehotel has a shuttle or not.