Search

Hotel Liget

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 04:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Liget

Staying here in June, just wondering if anybody else has and how the Hotel is location wise.<BR>thanks
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 05:04 AM

Please specify the location, so you can get a response from someone...
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 05:11 AM
Original Poster

Sorry, Hotel Liget in Budapest!
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 05:36 AM

Been past the hotel - on a main road opposite one of the major parks and very close to the art galleries and you have a rather ancient tiny subway line nearby that goes into the centre. By foot the centre is a good 20 minutes walk, I think more like 30 minutes. Looks like a standard 80s hotel - probably OK rooms from internet. The immediate area has some really impressive mansion villas from Habsburg Empire days and most of them are pretty run down - a wonderful example of the effect of communism - totally neglect beautiful buildings and put up crap.<BR>For location I would definitely prefer closer to the river and the centre- Victoria Hotel I can recommend in similar price range and you will see virtually 100% positive reviews on this hotel from a big selection of visitors.
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 07:12 PM

I stayed there in 2000. It's a very nice hotel. Nice size rooms too, and clean. But a little far from the real down town area, like Vaci utca area. But easy to get to, once you learn how to use the metro. The only thing that upset me about this Hotel was the street walkers that were allowed to hang out in the main entrance area inside the Hotel after 7 pm. Even if you are with your husband they will approached him! And they really looked the part too!!! Not young at all! in their 40's. Not that 40's is old, but for that kind of work.... Also there were many very young children that saw them too. It's very close to the zoo and other sites for children to see. So it is a great hotel to use if you have chilren. There's also a nice Spa and swimming pool in the area too. I can't wait to return to Hungary on May 14th!! I'm so excited that I'll see all my friends and family again! Have fun and enjoy Beautiful Hungary! Alice.