Hotel Casci or Silla

Search

Hotel Casci or Silla

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2004, 10:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Casci or Silla

We will be in Florence in early November and are trying to finalize hotel choices. Thanks for all the advice here! 1st choice of Aprile was too expensive; please advise us of Hotel Casci versus Hotel Silla (one is more central than the other). Also, why are there NO outside pics of Hotel Casci? thx!
(Silla is south of Arno in Oltrarno)
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 11:14 AM

Perhaps the reason they don't show a picture of the exterior of the building is that they don't occupy the whole building. Also, as I recall, the exterior doesn't have any exceptional features. As you've likely read, the owners are extremely hospitable and the location is central to the major tourist attractions.

The Hotel Silla is in a lovely location with a little park near by. The walks to most of the tourist attractions are longer but very pleasant. There are some excellent cafes in the immediate vicinity and a great gelato shop just beyond the San Miniato gate, a block or two from the Hotel Silla.
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 02:28 PM

Catmama,

While I am not familiar with Hotel Silla, I have stayed at Hotel Casci for 2 nights last November. The reason they don't have any pics from the outside is because it looks like an office building from the outside and is not owned entirely by the hotel as the previous post mentioned.

That having been said, it is a simple hotel with a great location and extremely friendly owners. I loved staying there. It was the only two star that we stayed at on our trip - the others were 3 stars, but between the great breakfast, awesome location, and friendly owners - I would stay there again. The hotel has great reviews and deservedly so. For it's price range and location it is hard to beat.
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 03:06 PM

Another vote for the Casci. We loved our stay there. We had a car and they arranged for parking for us. The lobby is one floor up from ground level. We were a bit confused when we arrived, but quickly figured out to take the elevator up to check in.

I don't know the Hotel Silla, but I think you would be very comfortable and pleased with a stay at the Casci.
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 03:27 PM

Yet another vote for the Casci. Not fancy, but truly wonderful. We had a quad room which was quite large. The owners were very gracious in many ways. Just an overall wonderful experience and we will definitely be back!