Search

WHICH HOTEL IN JERUSALEUM

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WHICH HOTEL IN JERUSALEUM

Anybody have any comments about the Montifiore or the Dan Hotel (not the Boutique Dan)
Old Aug 30th, 2010, 07:40 PM

The Dan ( I assume you mean Dan Panorama) is a more expensive and nicer hotel than the Montifiore. It also has a small swimming pool. The Montifore--located on a pedestrian mall is closer to Ben Yehuda Street ( the Panorama is closer to the Old City) Considering the price differential that may be something that really contributes to your decision.
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 03:17 AM
Original Poster

No, we are talking abut The Dan.not the Dan Panoramo which as you said is more $$ .. We are only going o be there one evening.. Two people have mobility problems and does that mean they would walk in the mall to the hotel?
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 04:05 AM

Please clarify - if you are referring to the Dan Hotel in Jerusalem, that is the hotel that used to be the Hyatt and is located on Mt. Scopus. If that is what you mean then mobility issues should not be a problem as there is a drive right up to the front entrance of the hotel and then a ramp to the lobby.

the Montefiore Hotel would provide a bit of a problem as vehicles (including taxis) cannot pull up to the entrance of the hotel and you would have to walk in.

It seems that your decision would be based partially on the extent of the mobility issues.

Both the Dan Boutique and the Dan Panorama have easy access directly to the entrance.
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 04:34 AM

Thank you Oreet. I forgot about the new Dan. That hotel has only been a Dan property for a month or so. Its' biggest negative would be its' location. It is not close to anything. I realize that for you and one evening that is probably irrelevant. BUT, I thought it worthwhile mentioning so anyone reading this thread is aware.