Reload this Page >

Hotel Latour Maubourg

Search

Hotel Latour Maubourg

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 02:01 PM
Lois

Hotel Latour Maubourg

Has anyone stayed at this hotel recently? The reviews are somewhat mixed. It seems that the hotel has been recently renovated, so I wonder if the negative reviews are current. I can't tell from the Amer. in Paris website since it doesn't give dates. Thank you. Lois

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 04:37 PM
Mary

I haven't stayed there, but was considering it a year or so ago, and even made a reservation. In the confirm they sent me, they made it clear that no food could be taken to the rooms. Also that if you had reservations and for any reason left early, you would have to pay for the whole stay. I did not like such an inflexible policy, and decided not to stay there.

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 04:41 PM
Sue

Rick Steves used to recommend them as one of his Rue Cler hotels, but no longer does.

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 05:05 PM
Cindy

My sister and her husband stayed there September of 2001. She really enjoyed the hotel and had no problems at all. She thought it was a nice hotel and great location.

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 05:13 PM
StCirq

It IS a nice hotel in a nice location - I've not stayed there, but I did check out some rooms pre-renovation (and they weren't that great, but mostly stuff like frayed carpeting and dingy walls, which I assume they've corrected), but I'd say if it's been renovated recently (and I know it has), it's probably a good deal. If Rick Steves doesn't recommend it any more, so much the better.<BR><BR>Another great, relatively unknown hotel about two blocks away, is the H&ocirc;tel de France, 102 Boulevard de la Tour Maubourg. It was renovated completely last year. Best mattresses in Paris, nice staff, good breakfast, same distance to the Rue Cler area. The restaurant d'Chez-Eux is right next door.

Old Jan 27th, 2003, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I stayed here for 4 days in the fall of 2001. We stayed 3 days at the beginning of our trip and one night at the end of our trip. Maria was very nice and friendly. We found the rooms clean and the bathrooms large. The location was excellent. The coffee, chocolate, and croissants at breakfast were tasty. Plus they have the cutest dog Faust.<BR>