Reload this Page >

Hotel du Pas de Calais/ Le Clement

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 10:10 AM
Glow

Hello,<BR>Does anyone have any recent experiences with either of these hotels? <BR>I'm looking for a room with a view of the street, rooftops, etc, and the Clement's attic rooms are advertised as having them, but they're booked for my dates. I took a look at a photo of the hotel on pagesjaunes.fr, and it seems that the marche St. Germain is directly across the street which is a low-rise building. Does anyone know if there is still a good view on the 4th or 5th floors?<BR>Pas de Calais is a 3*, with a nicer facade, but I don't think they have a view. <BR>How are the rooms at these places? <BR>The prices:<BR>Pas deCalais - 105euros/streetside room, 3rd or 4th floor, Clement - 123euros &quot;large&quot; streetside on the 5th floor.<BR>Thank you for your help!!

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 10:32 AM
Paris Expert

You'll find some comments by other travelers on both hotels here:<BR><BR>http://digital.france.com/hotels/hoteldetailsallcomments.ihtml?hotelid=61<BR><BR>an d here:<BR><BR>http://digital.france.com/hotels/hoteldetails.ihtml?HotelID=479<BR><BR>

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 05:23 PM
sylvie

Glow,<BR> Stayed at the Pas de Calais in mid June this past Summer. I was on the 1st floor which worked well for me. There is a small courtyard that goes through the center of the building. It's located a half a block off St Germain on Sainte Peres(sp?). There might be roof top view from the rooms at the facade of the building. I liked it, it seemed to be a business hotel oppose to a tourist hotel. I found them helpful, however I've seen post here that thought they weren't service oriented enough. I would stay there again, I am not an experienced Parisian traveler. Sylvie

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 05:25 PM
clairedelune

I stay at pas-de-calais every time I go to Paris. The rooms are comfortable and the staff is very pleasant. The location, of course, can't be beat and the prices are reasonable. I haven't asked the concierge (if they have one) to secure any restaurant reservations of theatre tickets, though, so I can't rate them on that regard. But I really like the hotel.

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 06:18 PM
Marty

Glow: I would avoid Le Clement. I was there 3 years ago, and they lost our reservation. I had all of my copies that they had sent me, but they would not accept them. We stayed one night, and then they sent us to Regents on Rue Madame which we liked better any way. They were not very nice about it, even after they admitted that the problem was caused by them. Someone else wrote me about staying there after reading my report on this forum. I advised her against staying there, but she did any way. Guess what?! No reservation when she got there.