HOTEL BUCI OR D'AUBUSSON?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8th, 2004, 06:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are planning on spending 5 nights in Paris next May.

We have narrowed it down to either the Hotel Buci of the Hotel D'Aubusson.

Anyone with any experience at either hotel that could help us make up our minds?

Thank you

Old Sep 8th, 2004, 07:50 PM

I've stayed at the d'Aubusson (when it was less expensive and the dollar stronger and liked the hotel very much, as have friends who have also stayed there. The rooms are elegant and quite spacious for a Left Bank hotel and the common areas are lovely. Rue Dauphine is too busy a street for my taste, but many people like to step out and be in the middle of the action.

If you're one of those people, the Hotel Buci is in the action to the nth degree. It opens right onto one of the busiest streets in the area, with a major street market in front of the door and lots and lots of cafés and restaurants. I haven't seen the inside, but the website makes me think the d'Aubusson is more attractive, and as far as I can tell is also less expensive.
Old Sep 8th, 2004, 07:51 PM

Boy, I must have done something really wrong to get that scary smiley...it's sure not the one I wanted.
Old Sep 8th, 2004, 07:59 PM

Do you mean the Hotel De Buci or the Hotel Buci Latin, which is now the called the Artus? Also not sure what you are looking for or what your budget is, but I'll give you my impression of all 3 hotels.

The D'Aubusson is very nice -- more of a 'businessy' feel than the Artus, which is smaller and more of a 'boutique' hotel experience. Both are extremely well-located and fairly close to one another. Rooms vary a lot at both hotels in size and price. I've stayed in a junior suite at the D'Aubusson, and in just about every room at the Artus -- never had a bad experience in either. The windows at both hotels are very well soundproofed, but you will still hear street noise, probably more so at the Artus, unless you are facing the hotel's interior.

The Hotel de Buci, on the other hand, is a small hotel just a block down from the Artus. It isn't really my taste -- the rooms are more traditional, and overall everything is just darker.

Have a great trip!

Old Sep 8th, 2004, 08:34 PM

I've stayed twice at D'Aubusson, and really like it.

It's a very comfortable hotel, with a discreet, subtle decor, and a classic atmosphere. Their standard rooms are spacious, as said shellio, the hotel is immaculate, and has strictly non smoking floors, quite a rare asset for Parisian hotels.

D'Aubussom and Hotel de Buci, as you probably know, are quite close to each other, although Rue Dauphine has a lot of traffic, differently from Rue de Buci, which is mostly a pedestrian area. They are both busy and a little noisy however, although with different kinds of noise.