Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel Jeanne d'Arc Paris - Have You Stayed There Recently?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2006, 06:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have looked at the reviews on TripAdvisor, but most are more 2 years old. Can anyone tell me about a recent experience at the Hotel Jeanne d'Arc on rue de Jarente? Do you have a favorite room # there? I need 2 rooms for 6 nights and The GHJA is available and it is inexpensive. I am quite familiar with the area (and love it!) but I have not been inside the hotel. I thought I read that they renovated recently? I searched here and apart from 1 Fodorite's obvious distaste, the hotel seems acceptable. Am I right? I do not have lofty expectations of mints on my pillow or a concierge service, and I am a low maintenance type of guest, but I do expect a clean room, decent bedding, an electrical outlet in my room and towels without holes in them (don't ask!).

Any insight is appreciated.
Old Feb 20th, 2006, 10:05 AM

There are two recent reveiws on Trip Advisor that sound very favorable towards this hotel. I have actually booked a room at this hotel for our upcoming family trip in April. I had wanted to stay there two years ago after reading a lot of favorable reviews but it was already booked. This time we wanted to stay in the Marais and we wanted to stay in a budget hotel that supposedly has charm (and enough space for three of us) for our 5 day stay. I say...give it a shot!
Old Feb 20th, 2006, 10:21 AM

Hi grantop. I have never stayed here either, but, for what it's worth, I was going to next month. I did my research and it looked quite acceptable to me. The only reason I cancelled my reservation is that I've decided on another area.
Old Feb 20th, 2006, 11:40 AM

We are also staying there in April. We were in Paris in January and stopped in. We looked around the inside of the ground floor at that time, but all the rooms were booked so we couldn't see one. What we did see though looked clean and nice.
Old Feb 20th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you for taking the time to respond, I really apprecaite it. I think I'll go ahead and take the rooms, I really want the location and it sounds like we'll be just fine there.
Old Feb 20th, 2006, 05:06 PM

grantop, I haven't stayed here since April 2003 so that was nearly 3 years ago. However, according to my experience they rooms are:
a) clean
b) have hot showers with good water pressure
c) have nice towels with no holes in them plus I remember having 4 at my disposal
d) lots of shower gel
e) decent bedding
f) several electrical outlets although you can only use the blow dryer in the bedroom (for safety reasons)
g) several channels on the TV including English language ones such as CNN
h) charming rooms although the carpet may be a bit worn (although it's not threadbare)

You do get what you pay for. Obviously, this is a no-frills hotel but rooms are clean, I thought the staff was friendly, and I also thought it was good value for what I paid.

ciao,
Beatchick
Old Feb 20th, 2006, 05:45 PM

My husband and I stayed at the Jeanne d'Arc last September (4 nights). It was our second stay at this hotel.

We had a double room at 82€ on the 5th floor and it was small. However, it was fine for us. It was clean, the towels were decent and the double bed was comfortable. The staff were helpful and pleasant.

The location is great. I would stay there again.

Ginny
Old Feb 26th, 2006, 04:27 AM

ttt