Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

hotel Inglaterra in Sevilla, in Plaza Nueva area, is it a good area to stay in?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 06:00 AM
Alia

the hotel is 4* and with great rate but I am concerned about its proximity to major sites. Any info?<BR>thanks

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 06:46 AM
maria

We just came back from Sevilla and stayed at the Taberna del Alabardero, which is very close to Plaza Nueva and the Hotel Inglaterra. Plaza Nueva is 5 to 10 min. walk to the Cathedral and Santa Cruz. It's also near the shopping district. However, I didn't like the looks of the hotel. I didn't go inside but the outside didn't look great.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 09:09 AM
zee

I just went to Seville and was going to stay at the hotel Inglaterra, but I recieved suggestions to stay in the Santa Cruz area. I am so glad I did, it is withing walking distance to everything you want to go to. How many days are you going for? Hotel Dona lina, Hosteria del Laurel, San Gil are a few of the hotels in the area. We did actually walk to see the Inglaterra hotel just to see where it was and I was glad I didn't book there. So I hope this helps you make a decision.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 10:26 AM
Alia

hi, thank you Maria and zee. we are staying 6 nights in sevilla and our other option is Melia sevilla, a bit more expensive but is it worth it? any ideas<BR>thanks

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 11:24 AM
melissa

Just returned from a week in Sevilla and the Hotel Simon was magnificent! By the way, remember that the star rating is not necessarily indicative of the hotel's aethetics or quality - it just corresponds to the number of services they offer. Hotel Simon is in an 18th century mansion with gorgeous moorish tile and a lush patio, right next to the Cathedral - a perfect spot. Have a great trip!