Hotel in Zurich for one night

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2003, 11:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be spending one night only in Zurich - arriving late Sat. night and flying out very early Sun. morning. Is there a nice hotel close to the airport? We'd rather stay in a decent, not too expensive hotel and splurge on a nice dinner in the city on Sat. night.
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 11:59 AM

Lobuzz,
I stayed at the Movenpick very near the Zurich airport last October. Nice and inexpensive. They have a shuttle to the airport. I recommend it for your purposes.
Judy
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 12:09 PM

Lobuzz,

I work right by Zurich airport and our company puts up visitors at the NH Airport Hotel down the block. It's apparently fine, there's free shuttle bus service to the airport every 1/2 hr. Also, there's a train station (Opfikon) with half-hourly service to Hauptbahnhof (about a 15 min. ride) a short walk away, so you can get to that splurge dinner of yours fast & cheap

www.nh-hotels.com

Hope this helps,
Andre
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 02:30 PM

Zurich is a business destination, so for a Saturday night you could stay at a nice business hotel super cheap using Priceline...we stayed at the Marriott on the river for about $85, I think. I think it's considered a 5 star for Priceline. The airport is not terribly far from the city center, so I wouldn't go out of my way to stay close to it when it's only a 15-20 minute cab ride (or train ride from the station near the Marriott) at most anyway.
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 02:43 PM

whoops ... re-reading your post again I see you will have little or no time in the city, so yeah, may as well stay right near the airport. But there's also a Marriott (or is it a Renaissance? same ownership, anyway) near the airport which I hear is nice!