Search

Hotel in Salzburg?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17th, 2003, 05:39 PM
cih
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel in Salzburg?

Can anyone recommend a good full service hotel in Salzburg. Prefer one in the "Old City".

Thanks,
Carl Huber
Greenville,NC
Old Nov 17th, 2003, 06:58 PM

I really liked the Hotel Elefant, and a lot of other people seem to feel the same from posts I've read on here. I think it is only a 3* but had everything I would call full service, and is very central. I can't say for sure if they have room service as I don't use it, but they do have a nice restaurant on the ground floor, so perhaps they do. It's a Best Western so can be booked through them (at least, it used to be).
Old Nov 17th, 2003, 07:32 PM

Several years ago we stayed at the Elefant Hotel.....in the old city and a VERY good location (around the corner from Mozarts home etc). It's small if I recall, but they had a lovely restaurant, I believe. They are just off the main "walking street" and a block or two from everything. Haven't heard lately about it,but it was wonderful at that time...around 8 yrs. ago. (Just discovered this evening on the internet that it is now a Best Western which make info and reservations even easier...even though I think the building is about 700 yrs. old.!)
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 04:16 AM

I stayed at the Hotel Bristol, and although it was just over the bridge, I loved the location. The view (and sound) from our balcony was of the chuch bell tower next door. Magical. Salzburg is very compacked so cossing the bridge is no hardship. It has a very nice bar and restaurant, and my room was huge by European standards. It's 4 star.
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 04:41 AM

We stayed in the 5* Hotel Sacher just across the bridge from the old town. Wonderful hotel with a great view and, definitely, the best location in Salzburg. We booked a double room for the price of a single by emailing and negotiating directly with the hotel. When we arrived they upgraded us to a suite! Lovely staff and one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in.