Search

Hotel in Garmisch-Partenkirchen

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2007, 02:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel in Garmisch-Partenkirchen

Hello:

Could someone recommend a nice hotel in Garmisch? Has anyone stayed at Hotel Aschenbrenner?

Thank you
Old Jun 8th, 2007, 07:03 AM

From reviewing this site, I have read good things about the atmosphere at Gasthof Fraundorfer.

The other three I'm targeting are Hotel Zugsplite, Reindel's Partenkirchner Hof, and the Rennaisance. Right now I'm leaning towards the Rennaisance, since we will have a rental car. When is your trip?
Old Jun 8th, 2007, 07:09 AM

Although it's been several years, we loved the Renaissance - we had a spectacular view of the lake & mountains, and with a rental car we toodled all over that beautiful part of Germany. Hope this helps...
Old Jun 8th, 2007, 10:45 AM

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...partenkirchen/
Excellent hotel, great food, great view. About 5-8 min drive to downtown. Been there twice. Burgers in the bar are giant and the pool is very nice. Disclaimer: I work for Marriott. But that doesn't affect what I think of this hotel.
Old Jun 8th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Original Poster

Hello:

Thank you so much everyone for your input.

I have been away for business and just got back, hence the delay in responding. I will definitely check out all the suggestions.

My trip is in September.

Regards
Old Jun 21st, 2007, 02:43 PM

Yes we stayed at the Hotel Aschenbrenner last spring and just loved the hotel. The owners are very friendly and speak wonderful English. The view of the Alps from our bedroom was awesome!Very nicely located and you are able to walk to the town center and within walking distance of great restaurants. Recommend it highly.
Old Jun 22nd, 2007, 04:13 AM

Hi
We stayed in Partenkirchen last fall at the Mercure. It's centrally located. Within walking distance to the restaurants. Free parking and some very good directions to some some the places we wanted to visit in the area. It saved us driving time and looking for other hotels.
Very good staff, even made a couple of phone calls for us at no charge. we drove in Garmisch, left and went to Partenkirchen instead. Great area to visit.