hotel needed in Garmisch Partenkirchen

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be traveling from Venice to Garmisch Partenkirchen area at the end of June with 5 teenagers ranging in age from 13-18 years old. I am having trouble finding a hotel that can accomodate our family. I would greatly appreciate any hotel suggestions. We are planning to go to the Ettal Abby and the Schloss Linderhof Castle.
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 10:36 AM

We (3 of us) will be staying at the Landaus Hohe Tannen (http://hohe-tannen.de/?p=1_0&l=2) next month. They also have a holiday house (http://hohe-tannen.de/?p=4_0&l=2) that will accommodate 6.
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 10:55 AM

Not a LARGE hotel, but a nice place, is the HOTEL HILLEPRANDT. It is located on a quiet street not far from downtown Garmisch. Rooms 1 and 2 are downstairs and open to a patio out back. Breakfast is included. We have stayed here numerous times, last time in 1997, and have always enjoyed it.

Another place is the POST PARTENKIRCHEN HOTEL. This is located in the Partenkirchen area. Nice rooms and ambiance. Also very nice restaurant. This is more of the large hotel than the Hilleprandt.
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 11:00 AM

We took our teenage son and vacationed in Garmisch Partenkirchen one summer a few years ago. Will you have a rental car? We stayed at a beautiful, perfect Renaissance Hotel (of the Marriott variety)right outside of town up a winding road. It overlooked a lake with a restaurant by the water, hiking trails around, and a view of the mountains worth millions. It would work with a family as ours had an upstairs loft able to accomodate sleeping upstairs and down. Hope this helps...
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 11:01 AM

With that many people, have you considered the possibility of staying in an apartment? Apartments in southern Germany are generally very inexpensive and most don't require stays longer than two or three nights. Here is a website with a list of apartments in the area, although you should be able to find more by doing google searches or checking out the Garmisch tourist website.

http://www.vacation-apartments.com/e...tenkirchen.htm

Good luck!
Tracy
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for the suggestions. I have not looked into apartments. I took for granted that they would want more then a one night stay. But it is definitely worth looking into. I will also try the Garmisch tourist website (thank you for the web address).
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 01:24 PM

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/ZEIBR
Its the Renaissance Riessersee Hotel Garmisch-Partenkirchen. We have stayed there twice and it is a wonderful hotel. I'm a Marriott employee just to let you know. Single night stay with 5 teenagers could be a little harder in some apartments. Also consider Mittenwald nearby.
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 01:29 PM

At the time I suggested the apartment I didn't realize that you would only be in the area for one night. While many apartments allow stays of less than a week, they usually require at least two or three nights.

Tracy
Old Apr 30th, 2006, 12:17 PM

In 2004 we stayed at the Hotel Reindl's Partenkirchner Hof ([email protected]). It was a very spacious room, with separate living and sleeping areas, a balcony with mountain views, & well-equipped bath. The room rate (79 EURO per person daily + 30 Euro for the 3rd person) included a buffet breakfast, parking, and use of an indoor pool. It was a very nice property--a good place to relax and unwind after keeping a pretty good clip driving through the country. I think it is one of the few places set up to handle a family of any size. Hope this helps!
Cindi
Old Feb 11th, 2007, 02:55 AM
sunflower25

Review of Hotel Hilleprandt in Garmisch Partenkirchen, Germany

We went there and wish to deter others from doing so - for the following reasons. Expensive for what it offers. Female owner unfriendly, brusque and at times quite rude, as if we were doing her a favour. Everything has to be done her way. There is no flexibility. Rooms okay, but everyone we spoke to was staying there because all the other hotels of the same calibre were full! Half-board is expensive with no choice at all. Breakfast was alright. You could eat out for less and far better and choose what you fancy. If you were vegetarian, they just took the meat away and gave you perhaps a steamed tomatoe as extra. No special vegetarian meals at all. Awful atmosphere in hotel as everyone too scared to open their mouths! Close to centre. Clean. Sauna was fine. If you have to stay there, do so on b&b terms, but I'm sure you'd do better in a smaller b&b for less money and at least feel welcome or splash out on one of the many other hotels in the town. I'd avoid it at all costs.

Old Feb 26th, 2007, 10:29 AM

Re Sunflower review on the Hilleprandt.

We have stayed here probably 4 or 5 times. We will be there again in July.

The rooms have always been nice, the service has always been nice and the breakfast has always been the standard fare that we find in other German hotels we frequent.

I would not avoid this place due to this one comment from a person that has stayed there one time and may have a different standard for a hotel.
Old Feb 28th, 2007, 11:52 AM

Many of the places mentioned sound very nice and when I return I will remember them. I would recommend not necessarily staying but certainly going for a meal with your teens to Gasthof Fraundorfer... you and they will enjoy the food and atmosphere... typical Bavarian ...