Hotel in Bath

Old Mar 9th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel in Bath

We are planning to spend a couple of days in Bath in June and wonder if someone has a hotel recommendation. We will not have a car.
Old Mar 9th, 2011, 10:59 PM

Hi Grandot,

In June 2009 I stayed at Anabelle's Guest House in Bath. Was very pleased with everything about it.

I booked in early, left my luggage and went exploring the city and then back late afternoon to enjoy a small but neat and tidy room with small ensuite. The bed and linen was just what any weary footsore traveller needs.

The morning I booked out I left my luggage there, spent the day sightseeing and returned to collect it when I was due to be picked up.

The Guest House is about 2 minutes from the city centre, about 3 minutes from main attrations and 1 minutes from bus and railway. Just down the road, walking towards the city centre, on the opposite side of the road is an internet drop-in centre.

I had the downstairs bedroom. Most are upstairs (no lift), very nice dining room.

I have just looked up the site today to book again, for June, for three of us. Be aware that, like most places, Saturday night will see a hike in the tariff and it will drop again for Sunday and the rest of the week. And of course prices at this time of the year are more desirable than at peek times.

After a quick look at Hotels in the city and their tariffs I will happily book into Anabelle's again.

Their web site is www.anabellesguesthouse.co.uk

Jenny62
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 03:08 AM

This question has come up so many times on this board. Do search for 'Bath Hotels'. I can recommend Villa Magdala Guesthouse by Henrietta Park (about 5 mins walk from shopping/Abbey etc just across the Pulteney Bridge).
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 03:58 AM

Royal Crescent best very Dickensesque historic

Redcar nice georgian moderate...

Otel.com Booking.com best values
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 07:58 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Bath can be a pricey place to stay (the Royal Crescent mentioned above is great but luxurious/expensive and not Dickensian in the least IMO)

What is your budget?