Hotel Ibis in Munich?!

Old Jul 7th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Ibis in Munich?!

Does anyone have any experience with any of their hotels? It seems impossible that it could be so cheap. I can only find old reviews and wonder if anyone has been recently. I would love to stay IN Munich but would prefer not to be mugged on our way back to the hotel. haha
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 09:45 AM

I stayed at the Ibis in Wiesbaden, it was nice and clean. It's not a luxury place by any means, but I had no complaints. You might want to post the address or what part of town it is in and someone can tell you about the area.
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 10:09 AM

We stayed at the Ibis just outside of Munich, in between the town center and the airport in April 2005. The great thing was that it was only steps away from the U-bahn stop and only a 10-15 minute ride into town. This was a basic hotel, no frills, but it was a great base for us since they provided free parking for our rental car.
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 10:10 AM

Although I've not stayed in this particular one I have stayed in others. Generally they are not in ideal locations, so check that...they are (in my mind) the equivalant of a Holiday Inn. Inexpensive, clean, no frills, OK places to stay for a night or two. BTW, you get what you pay for.
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 10:14 AM

Based on the maps, it appears the Muenchen City location would be best. You should be able to walk, or get on the train easily from there. The location is fine, I typically stay right across from the Main train station as well.
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 10:26 AM

I didn't have a chance to see the rooms, but food was okay. The location north of the central station is perfect. (Even better, if you like Iranian food ;-)
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for all of your opinions. I didn't pick one in particular yet because I thought it would be best to find out about them in general before I looked into it further. You do always get what you pay for but for that price in NY there would most likely be crime scene tape in the lobby! Quiet and clean is all we need for our stop there since we will spend so little time in the room. Our next stop has a spa. : )

This place has been such a help and we are close to finalizing our plans!
Old Jul 16th, 2006, 05:55 AM

I too stayed at the one between the train station and the airport. it was very convenient. The breakfast was good, the rooms were clean, and parking was available for our rental car. No oddballs lurking in the neighborhood. We passed a cemetery on the way to the U-bahn, if I recall. Supermarket was nearby as well.
Old Jul 16th, 2006, 06:31 AM

I stayed at the one in Wiesbaden also and my only complaint was the smoke from the lobby bar. They are basic and you do have to watch the location, but are enormous value for the money.