Reload this Page >

Hotel for two Nites

Search

Hotel for two Nites

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10th, 2006, 05:37 PM
stoopswats

Hotel for two Nites

We fly into Pisa, rent a car and have five nites in Certaldo outside Florence booked. We then have two open nites before we spend last two nites in Pisa. Trying to figure out where to go since we will have a car and will have day tripped into Florence via bus while in Certaldo. Any suggestions where to go and reasonable hotels between Florence and Pisa where it would be easy to have a car and park it.
Thanks

Old Dec 10th, 2006, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stoopswats, this forum is a little
selective. If you could amend your spelling to standard English ("nights" instead of "nites", which takes only one extra keystroke) you might get an answer. If you don't know that "nite" is not an acceptable alternative to "night", I apologise and can only suggest you go back to high school.
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 02:12 AM

All right, that was a bit grumpy, I suppose. I just can't help getting annoyed at (presumably) deliberately sloppy spelling.
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 02:25 AM

Do understand correctly that you have <i>four</i> nights after Certaldo?

Cinque Terre is convenient to Pisa. You could actually drop the car there and train to Pisa. Is there a reason you're spending 2 nights in Pisa?
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 02:26 AM

Neil: You're <i>rite</i>!

No need to apologize.
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 10:22 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
My complaint isn't so much re the &quot;nites&quot; - though I do agree. It is the title - &quot;Hotel for two Nites (nights)&quot; could be asking about anywhere in all of Europe.

You will get a ton more response if folks knew what/where you were talking about.
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 04:38 PM

What about Lucca? We stayed at the Piccolo Hotel Puccini which is in the center of town inside the walls. The hotel doesn't have parking itself but has an arrangement with a garage a couple of blocks away.
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 04:59 PM
stoopswats

Sorry I guess a person with three masters degrees should know better. Perhaps this group is a little too heady for me. Health care short hand sorry to offend. Think I shall look for advice where the crowd is not so tough. I worry about people staying alive every day not how to spell a word, my faux pas and I apologize. Bon soir, Buenos Tardes, Good Evening to all. If you ever need a organ transplant, don't look me up something small might offend me and you never know how I may feel about it.

Old Dec 11th, 2006, 05:17 PM

stoop:
Please don't go away mad! That's just the way these threads go; sometimes they get off to a rocky start. But it <i>is</i> the best place on the web for travel advice.

Have you considered the Cinque Terre area? Like I said before, unless there's a reason you need the car in Pisa you could drop it off in CT and take the train to Pisa.
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 07:23 PM

Dear stoopswats,

Please ignore the bad (and mean). Here you could find great people with great knowledge that can help you in your travel planning. Just remember that these threads are open to anyone, including those who have no intention of helping at all. It takes very little to get people annoyed these days... maybe you should have some fun and keep doing it!!!

Have a great trip!
Mayilove
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 09:35 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
My post WAS trying to help. All threads end up lumped together under the single general forum -- &quot;Europe&quot;. &quot;Hotel for two Nites&quot; is a fairly useless title. No one will know the OP is asking about Italy, let alone Pisa.

In the more than 24 hours since the thread was started, there could have easily been 15 or 20 useful suggestions -- <b>IF</b> anyone knew what was being asked . . . .

So you can complain how mean we are being -- OR you can take the helpful advice and re-post w/ a title that works. Your choice.