Hotel Eisenhut-Rothenburg

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 05:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi friends.Has anyone recently stayed in this hotel?How are the rooms?Are they big and quiet?How is the hotel location?
Thanks
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 09:38 AM

While I have not stayed at Eisenhut, friends have and understand it to be very good and pricey. Mor then my pocket book will allow. I have been the lobby and it was excellent. The location is good and quite central. Most hotels in Rothenburg will be quiet after 9:00 pm after the tourists settle in or leave town. Quiet, with one exception, if there are church bells going all night. When I have stayed in Rothenburg we stayed to the north or south of the center, but still within the walls so I don't know about the bells. See www.virtualtourist.com for some charlesracine comments.
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:48 PM

The Eisenhut is on Herrngasse, I believe, which is only a block or so from the town square and, therefore, a great location. It is too pricey for my budget but it looks nice. The only negative comment I have heard about the hotel is that it can be a little "stuffy".

If your budget can handle the room rate, then go for it. There are many nice, well located hotels in Rothenburg that don't charge as much though if you are interested.
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 05:55 PM

We stayed there a *long* time ago....1992, I think...The price was not bad at the time and the rooms were nice, quiet I believe, b/c noise is one of my pet peeves and I think I would remember if it had been a problem. It was a charming place.
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 03:38 AM

We stayed at hotel Mittermeier which also has a Michelin-star-acclaimed restaurant.

The hotel is just outside the ramparts, so still well-located to explore Rothenburg on foot.

http://www.mittermeier.rothenburg.de
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 05:08 AM

The Hotel Eisenhut is very well located but there are other less expensive choices that also are convenient. We enjoyed Hotel Kloster Stuebble which was recommended by a Fodorite. We had a beautiful large room with wood floors, antiques, and huge state of the art bathroom. It was very quiet at night.
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 05:47 AM

I thought the Mittermeier lost its Michelin star last year. No? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I saw it mentioned sometime last fall or early winter.
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 08:08 AM

We have stayed there and found it to be delightful. The room was large with a grand view out over the town, the staff was friendly and helpful, and at the time the parking was free. We are able to drive to the front of the hotel, they took out luggage, and the car just went away until we left. Very nice.

We did not use their dining room so can not comment on it.

Great hotel - one of the best we have stayed in.
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 01:27 PM

We had wanted to stay at the Eisenhut but it was booked.

We ended up at Burg Hotel, located in a corner of the old walls. Lovely small place. Very well appointed and reasonable at around 150 euro (for two) I believe, inc breakfast.
Old May 4th, 2008, 06:35 PM

We have stayed at the Eisenhut 7 or 8 times and like it very much. Rooms differ greatly. Some very large. Some very small. Some beautifully decorated. Some a little like a bordello. However, the staff is all very nice and the breakfasts are extremely good although the tour busses tend to monopolize the bacon and sausage! The hotel will park your car for you. Yes, the hotel is pricey but we always felt it was worth it. The last 2 trips however we have tried other hotels and like them equally well.
Old May 4th, 2008, 07:08 PM

Check out the MARKUSTURM HOTEL. Great location, nice rooms.