Notices

Hotel de Notre Dame

Old Dec 5th, 2004, 01:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel de Notre Dame

Hi all,

Anyone have experience staying at the Hotel de Notre Dame? My other choices are the Hotel Therese and the Hotel d'Orsay. We are only there one night and I am looking for something nice and quiet but close to the sites, cafes, etc. I would like to spend under $150 US if possible.
Old Dec 5th, 2004, 03:59 PM

Hi
Have you tried doing a search here by name for each of these hotels? I'm pretty sure I've seen comments on the Therese at least.
Also check at tripadvisor.com
good luck
Old Dec 5th, 2004, 05:46 PM

For what it's worth, I have been in, but not stayed at (there was confusion with Hotel LE Notre Dame) so all I can say is...superb location, on a small one way street, 1/2 a block to Seine, when you get to Seine, there is Notre Dame! Easy walk to many goods restos in area, some nice ones on the street running along Seine. De Notre Dame is one hotel I hope to stay at next trip.
Hope this helps.
Old Dec 5th, 2004, 07:43 PM

hzerri:

We loved this hotel. Our room was nice. Small, but not smaller than we'd become accustomed to in Paris. The bath was modern and larger than expected. Staff was very nice. But more than anything...the location can't be beat! So close to Ile de la Cite and Ile St. Louis, where we ate most nights. Great restaurants and perfect Parisian ambience.

I found this picture on the web. It shows the view down Rue Maitre Albert as you exit the hotel.
http://www.psrparis.com/images/802-1.JPG

See the trees and lamp posts at the end?
That's the Seine.

I think their rate for a double is about 155 euro. That doesn't include breakfast, but we never ate there anyway...all those sidewalk cafes within easy walk!

Old Dec 6th, 2004, 05:00 AM

Hello!!

For my part, I can advice you about an hotel called the Hotel Cardinal Rive Gauche, a 3 star hotel in the range of prices you want to spent...This hotel is a typical Parisian hotel, a romantic spirit..staff really opened-minded and helpful...I spent a really great stay in this hotel! The location is about the same than the Hotel de Notre Dame, in the 5th, i.e. a really good area, quiet but with good connections to metro...
I let you the website of the hotel if you are interesting in it: www.hotelcardinal.com!
Have a wonderful stay in Paris!
Old Dec 6th, 2004, 05:44 AM

Donaldus, I'm sure you mean well however Cardinal Rive Gauche is a 1.5km walk to the Seine (ie. rue Dante), so really it is nowhere near Hotel de Notre Dame. (It is just north of blvd Port Royal).
Old Dec 7th, 2004, 03:30 AM

We've stayed often at Hotel de Notre Dame and it's one of our favorite hotels in Paris. Location on Rue Maitre Albert is perfect. Dominique, the proprietress, fairly bustles about seeing that the place is ship shape and that guests are taken care of. The new breakfast room is quite spiffy and charming. The rooms, though small, like most left bank hotel rooms, are done in cheery, colorful fabrics with taste and style. It is within walking distance not only of Notre Dame but also oodles of very good restaurants, including the one at the end of the block called Atelier Maitre Albert which has recently been remodeled and taken over by the Guy Savoy group. Book for dinner in the classy bar section. Enjoy.
Old Dec 7th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Original Poster

Thanks all for your input. I have booked the Notre Dame. It's too bad we only have one night, but I am looking forward to it.