Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel de Fleurie, Hotel le Regent or Hotel Britannique?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2005, 01:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any views on whih is best for a solo female traveller on first visit to Paris (about 3-4 nights), in late August?
Old Apr 24th, 2005, 02:36 AM

I don't think it really matters. Check them out for availability and look at the sites and see which one appeals to you.
Old Apr 24th, 2005, 03:27 AM
tod

You have obviously searched the hotels on the net and now want an opinion?
BRITANNIQUE: A definite NO from me only because the rooms have the most ghastly striped wallpaper. May wake up and think you were Alice going down the rabbit hole!
DE FLEURIE: Very nice 3 star between Odean & Mabillon metro. Rooms don't look all that big for the price.
REGENT: A lovely looking hotel and in my humble opinion the pick of the bunch.
Old Apr 24th, 2005, 05:30 AM

I have stayed at the Hotel Le Regent and loved the area. Rue de Buci around the corner has a wonderful cafe Le Atlas and small shops. It is close to the metro for easy access and walking distance to Notre Dame. The rooms can be small, but this is Paris. We certainly didn't care when we looked out our window for a view of Notre Dame over the rooftops. A charming hotel and neighborhood.
Old Apr 24th, 2005, 06:58 AM

The elevator at the Hotel le Regent will be under renovation during July and August. The good news is that their rates drop by 40%; the bad news is taking the stairs and construction.

If you can tolerate the lift situation, the hotel is actually wonderful. It is safe, clean and air conditioned. We loved the location. It is in such a great area to walk; about a block from the Seine and the Pont Neuf bridge. The Paul Bakery is just down the rue Buci and is the perfect place for a morning treat.

The staff at the hotel spoke fluent english and were both friendly and helpful. There was always someone at the desk, even late at night. Elias was our favorite....with an incredible sense of humor.
Old Apr 24th, 2005, 08:35 AM

I am travelling alone to Paris this August, and I chose LeRegent. The good news -- they have changed their plans and will no longer be renovating the elevator at that time. The bad news -- the summer promotion is now 20% off rather than 40% off.