Search

Hotel d' La Tremoille, Paris

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2003, 06:05 AM
lkj
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel d' La Tremoille, Paris

Is anyone familiar with Hotel d' La Tremoille in Paris. Any feedback regarding location, hotel style/decor, service, etc would be appreciated. I understand the hotel was refurbished in June 2002. Thank you!
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 07:20 AM
lynlor

It is, was a nice hotel. I hope they haven't raised the prices too much.

Old Jan 28th, 2003, 01:24 PM

lkj,<BR>I haven't stayed, but the Feb. Belle France newsletter (I subscribe) did an update on La Tremoille. I'll just pass this on so that others might benfit from this far too pricey subscription! <BR>The reviews states that it 's the most "intimate" of the palaces of the Golden Triange south of the Champs Elysees. It was completely gutted during the renovation, and everything is new, except for the loyal staff, pushing the formerly "staid" hotel into the 21st century. The decor mixes "cool celadon green with vibrant crimson". The number of guest rooms was dropped to 93, so there's more space. Even the standard doubles have suite-size black and white marble bathrooms. Jr. suites are modified duplexes, and many have fireplaces. Twin rooms have bay windows overlooking the rue Tremoille. All rooms have dumbwaiter hatches to deliver breakfast, high speed internet, CD/DVD players, trouser press, roomy closets with satin padded hangers, Moulton Brown toiletries in bath. There's a small spa/fitness room, and Terence Conran just opened a new design restaurant, Senso, with a prix fixe 25 euro lunch menu, 35 at dinner. The bar serves club sandwiches and a 25 euro dinner along with live jazz Thurs, Fri, Sat.<BR>Sounds wonderful...<BR>
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 01:30 PM

A very good friend of mine stayed there when he was here on business in 1993. It is a hotel that caters to a lot of businessmen who don't worry too much about expense accounts. It's right around the corner from Le Plaza-Athenee. Service was impeccable. The rooms are very nicely appointed with the de rigueur oversize marble bathroom. Very quiet neighborhood at night and only a few minutes to the Champs-Elysees or Alma Marceau / Boulevard George V or Avenue Marceau. I think you will enjoy it very much. Try to go for cocktails at the Plaza-Athenee though around the corner! You are right by Avenue Montaigne. Don't spend all your money in one place: the prices are in the stratosphere. Sometimes Dior sprays the sidewalk with their latest perfume as you walk by.
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 04:42 PM

We stayed there about 3 years ago... I believe the ownership has changed since then. The rooms were very comfortable and spacious. There were 4 of us (2 adults, 2 kids) so we had 2 adjoining rooms. There was a fireplace, as wsell a a suite in the master bdr, not to mention a wonderful large bathroom with thich soft towels and creamy french soaps. The beds were twins in both suites, which the French consider a double bed when put together. It was fine. The kids' room was smaller but perfectly adequate. The interior was a bit run down at the time but I think it's been revovated since then. Nonetheless, it was very charming, and the Location was great... not far from Champs-Elysses as well as the Eiffel Tower.The Metro is only about a half a block from the hotel. The elevator is tiny...but, at least there's an elevator! Oh...and I remember that the breakfast was very expensive! It was all set out in buffet style (fruit, bread, yogurt, etc) and we partook greedily our first morning there. When we saw &quot;L'addition,&quot; we were shoched! we found a cafe down the street for the rest of our stay which was perfectly adequate, and much more reasonable.<BR>We stayed there as guests and our room was comped for us because of business, but I understand that it was a bit on the pricey side.<BR><BR>As I said, It has changed ownership so some of the things might be different, but, overall I would happily recommend it. Hope you enjoy it!
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 12:14 PM
SRS

Topping. Interested if anyone has stayed there recently. I have done the usualy Fodor's and tripadvisor searches, but haven't found much out there. Thanks!
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 12:37 PM

After everyone's good opinions here about many various hotels, I think we have decided to give the Tremoille a shot for our Labor Day visit. If anyone has any additional comments, I welcome them now.
Also, I've learned why rooms are scarce that particular weekend: it coincides with the annual spring pret a porter fashion shows.
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 01:44 PM

It looks really nice but the decor appears to be very masculine. As someone mentioned it's more of a business hotel. Their exclusive feature is a &quot;hutch&quot; that is used to leave the guest's meals or shined shoes so that the guest need not open the door. That's a nice feature I think.
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 02:01 PM

francophile, I know someone mentioned this to you a while back, but I wanted to mention it again. I do hope you'll put together a file/guide on Paris hotels. You always have such well-researched, useful advice on nearly every hotel that's mentioned on this forum. I would love to see a compilation . . .
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 02:21 PM

francophile - what i liked were writers' comments about service. and as an ex-plaza athenee devotee, the neighborhood is familiar. what i've always liked about the great french hotel rooms is that they are basically a woman's boudoir. if this hotel is more masculine i suppose i will adjust. but even masculine is somewhat feminine in paris, oui?