Reload this Page >

Hotel bookings in St. Petersburg/Moscow

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6th, 2002, 06:01 AM
Val

I'm planning a trip to Russia next spring. Can anyone recommend a travel agency that they used for hotel bookings and visas?<BR><BR>thank you,

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 09:07 AM
Pat

tt

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 02:33 PM
leon

Hi,<BR><BR>I've used Unisel in NY a number of times for visas and airfare: the prices were good and they are reliable. 1-800-531-2060.<BR><BR>As far as booking a hotel, I did not use them, but my friend used www.tourintel.ru and they prices were low and he had no problem.<BR><BR>There is a number of other companies in NY, such as Eastern Tours, Russian-American Consulting, etc. - most of them are listed under "viza on demand" providers on the Russian Embassy web site.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 04:10 PM
Deb

I just went onto the internet and did a search for "hotels in russia" and after evaluating the available choices in each city booked through the website. One ended up being through Nota Bene travel which was pretty difficult to deal with. Go to Russia travel was another and their service was better. Once I booked over the internet each hotel or service sent me my vouchers to send in for the visa. I used Travel document systems for the visa and their service was very good. I stayed at hotel Moskva in St. Petersburg and Hotel Budapest in Moscow. I would recommend both hotels.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 06:11 PM
Andrea

We did it on our own as well. We live in a city with a Russian consulate that can issue visas, so just went down in person.<BR><BR>For hotels, we researched here at Fodors and elsewhere online, then made our decision and called directly, asking for a faxed confirmation. <BR><BR>We stayed at the Rossia in Moscow. For Moscow, the price was very reasonable ($100-ish for a double, including breakfast), but what absolutely can't be beat is the view & location. It is literally RIGHT across the street from the Red Square, and (if you ask for a balcony room with a view), you can see the Kremlin and St. Basil's cathedral from your room. More importantly, you just cross the street and you're in the very heart of Moscow. The hotel itself is a big, hulking gray cement block, the service is surly, and the rooms are mediocre (but clean) - but it's very hard to beat the location and price.<BR><BR>Good luck!

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 10:00 AM
Val

Thanks everyone for the information.

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 05:44 PM
Harris

I've used Discovering Russia (www.discoveringrussia.com) in New York for my booking last year and for my next trip in June. Marc Miller (who posts here regularly) really knows what he is doing--his staff there are excellent, and all of the trips are customized (some people just use him for hotels, others for everything). He also supports the Russian arts extensively in New York and knows Russian travel better than anyone else.<BR><BR>I tried to work previously with Russian-based agencies, figuring that they know the market well, but found that they really didn't know how to service a client (two friends used agencies mentioned by others on this thread, and both had major problems with lost reservations).