Hotel Arts in Barcelona

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 06:20 AM
Jon

Hotel Arts in Barcelona

Going to Barcelon for the first time. Can someone who has stayed at the Hotel Arts (Ritz Carlton)comment on its location, amenities, pool, etc.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 11:17 AM
HKTraveler

The hotel itself is faboulous. Interesting architecture and probably the best hotel in Barcelona. Having said that, it is a bit out of the way as it is located near the Olympic pier and is not close to anything. In order to get to the Ramblas or the shopping district, you will need to take a cab or bus. The pool has to be the best in Barcelona.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Arf

Hi
I stayed at Hotel Arts in Barcelona last year and loved it.
The location is a looong walk to Ramblas, but I liked being away from the maddening crowds. We took a $4.00 cab ride most of the time.
The Hotel itself is one of the most beautiful I have stayed at. Even if you don't stay, it is worth a trip to see the beautiful floral arrangements in the lobby, bar and restaurants.
They have a great tapas bar in the hotel. I loved the pool(except for a few unruley children). but that can happen anywhere. The restaurant poolside was great. We enjoyed the food there very much.
I would stay again in a NY minute.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 11:53 AM
Zorro

Excellent rooms and service, I think it was ranked between the best 10 hotels in Europe 2 years ago. As mentioned in previous messages, is not close to ramblas or Passeig de Gracia (shopping street) but it's next to the Marina where there are a lot of clubs, bars and resturants. The resturant within the hotel is very good.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 02:04 PM
jon

Thanks for the input everyone!

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 09:20 AM
Cathy

My brother and my sister in law stayed there and said it was fantastic..and they are very discerning..They are IN the Hotel business !!