Hotel: 57 Pont Street

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 01:20 PM
Jennifer

Hotel: 57 Pont Street

Hi... my husband and I are traveling to London for the first time. We will only be there for 3 nights and 2 full days in October. Trying to cover the best parts of the city w/so little time is a little overwhelming. We have booked a "boutique" hotel in Knightsbridge called "57 Pont Street". However, I cannot find any information on this hotel through any of the travel guides. Is anyone familiar with this hotel?? If so, I would love some feedback... on the hotel as well as things to do, and not to do in London. Thank you very much!!!

Old Feb 17th, 2003, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm also looking into staying at 57 Pont Street.
Jennifer, How was your stay?

Anybody have any feedback on this boutique hotel?
Old May 8th, 2003, 12:21 PM

Surely there must be some Fodorite who's stayed here? I'm looking for a hotel in Knightsbridge under 100 GBP a night. The Claverley has singles for 85 GBP w/ ensuite or 60 GBP w/o.

57 Pont Street is within a few blocks and has a single (w/ ensuite) for 75 GBP. Any pros or cons regarding either place? Other suggestions for this area?
Old May 8th, 2003, 01:26 PM

There is a brief but good user review of 57 Pont Street on tripadvisor.com There are 4 reviews of the Claverley there (somewhat mixed). 57 Pont is on a list I have of hip boutique hotels. The Claverley has been mentioned on this board so you might try a text search. Unless it's been recently renovated, the Claverley sounds a bit faded (but clean). I think you could do better on price at both(try expedia & travelocity).
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 10:51 AM

Just a follow-up to let people know that I really enjoyed this hotel. Nice new tiled bathroom, huge basin sink, thick huge bath sheets, robes, modern furniture, super-comfortable bed w/ down comforter.

The location was great, 1/2 way between Knightsbridge & Sloane Square tube stops. Very close to Harrod's, and lots of great shops around (my girlfriend was pleased that we were close to Jo Malone's flagship store - THAT was an expensive stop!).

Prices aren't the lowest but we found discounts through Smoothound so it was a good value for the comfort level (75-100 GBP/night). Well worth the money IMO, and I'd stay there again...soon, I hope!