Search

Hostal Opera vs Hostal Urquinaona in Barcelona

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hostal Opera vs Hostal Urquinaona in Barcelona

Which one to choose ?
We need a clean and quite place in turist area.
Thanks for your help.
Old Sep 13th, 2006, 06:21 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Type Hostal Opera into the search box above and you will find many reviews. I don't see any for Urquinaona. Hostal Girona is another that gets good reviews. For others, check www.madridman.com - the Barcelona page and click on hostals. You have to scroll way down the page to get to the lists.
Old Sep 13th, 2006, 07:58 PM

I've only stayed in Hostal Opera, but it was good.
Old Sep 14th, 2006, 12:05 AM

As kybourbon mentions above, I think you'll find a number of reviews of Hostal Opera (web: http://www.HostalOpera.com ) here in this forum by conducting a SEARCH. Most reviews I've read were positive, I think. But I'd doubt if there were yet have any reviews of Hostal City Centre Urquinaona (web: http://www.barcelonacitycentre.com/urquinaona/ ) . Try a search to be sure.

But regarding locations, Hostal Opera is more central and is located in El Raval (don't freak out yet) but only about 50 meters from Las Ramblas on a pedestrian street - lots of foot traffic day and night. While this place is probably clean, because of its location, I wouldn't imagine it would be TOO quiet - although it is probably far enough off Las Ramblas to avoid the traffic noise but you'll likely have foot traffic noise from the partiers walking down your street.

Hostal City Centre Urquinaona is in the Eixample district. This is a bit of a walk to, say, the Gothic Quarter but you'll find the lodgings to be MUCH more elegant, historical, and even more romantic in this residential neighborhood and would likely be a quieter environment. From the photos, at least some of the rooms have balconies and I love the tile floors of buildings in this area - so elegant. I stayed in a VERY similar place, Hostal Martina Bailen (web: http://www.HostalMartina.com , two blocks 'north' on the same street last March for a few days. NICE place. The rooms were simple but the crown moldings, colorful design mosaic tile floors, stained glass windows, enclosed balcony with table and chairs, VERY high ceilings, etcetera. Very nice although the furnishings were simple and basic but quite comfortable, though.

Enjoy your stay in Barcelona!

Salut, BarcelonaMan
--
Barcelona: Jewel of the Mediterranean
Old Sep 14th, 2006, 01:39 AM

madridman? now barcelonaman? next...valenciawoman?