Honeymoon in Cinque Terre

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 02:45 PM
deb

Honeymoon in Cinque Terre

I'm helping some friends plan their honeymoon in Cinque Terre this October('honeymoon', BTW, is 'luna di miele' in italiano--a direct translation either to or from English. Very cute, no?). Unfortunately, I haven't had much experience in CT (two years ago in October, it was so cold and rainy we got out fast), so please recommend some charming small hotels in the good places (Sta. Margharita, Ravello, etc.) for a young couple in love but on a budget.
Grazie tanto. Ciao!

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 05:11 AM
xxx

I haven't been, so what use is that?

But I have been researching for a short while with a view to a short break. One place fairly near which takes my fancy is Ca'Peo in Leivi. No web site, but a michelin rosette for food and red crows foot for spectacular views, good ratings in the italian guides as well (people pooh pooh michelin italia), and rooms (5 only) at 90 euros. They would need a car, as it's in the hills just above the coast, a little south of Santa Margherita.

Would love to know what it's like ...

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 05:33 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Deb, Try these:
SML--Hotel Jolanda
Monterosso---Hotel Pasquale
Portovenere---Albergo Paradiso
Levanto--Stella Maris

It is Rapallo, not Ravello.

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 06:31 AM
Wayne

Leivi, as recommended earlier by another contributor, is indeed a lovely little village in a rather spectacular location, but it isn't south of Santa Margherita. In fact, it's more east and is reached only by car or bus from Chiavari, farther down the coast. I think they'd love it if they like scenery, isolation, and good food. But it certainly isn't in the Cinque Terre. For a place accessible to the Cinque Terre and still easy to reach, you might consider Moneglia, Bonassola, or Levanto, all on the train route to the CT. Levanto is only a few minutes from the CT villages by train, and the others are not a whole lot farther away. The advantage of staying there rather than in one of the CT villages is simply that more hotels are available. If being in the CT is not absolutely necessary, they might try my favorite little coastal village of Lerici, just down the coast from La Spezia.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 08:22 AM
aud

I know you didn't ask about this village but I would suggest Manarola for your honeymoon. The Da Barnaim B&B is lovely (approx ?65 per room per night incl very nice breakfast). Also it's that little bit less crowded than some of the villages and has really good restaurants. I liked Marino Picolo on the waterfront.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 07:20 PM
Kay

Re the above post about the B&B in Manarola, we had 4 nights in Manarola last month and the church bells near most of the accommodation ring all night! The honeymoon couple might want something a little more peaceful. That said, we loved all the CT villages. If it was my honeymoon, I'd choose Santa Margherita over CT, it's quite different from CT - much bigger with heaps of shops and restaurants and a nice waterfront area. We stayed at Hotel Fiorina, 3 star and very nice. If you want more info, let me know.
Kay

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 06:23 AM
Bob

Kay, just saw your post on Hotel Fiornia. Do you have a web site for this?