Honeymoon in Capri Questions

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello -- I am new to the board and have a few questions. I have been to Capri and Italy once in a 10 day see everything high school tour. I remember loving Capri and would love to go on my honeymoon in September of 2008. As I don't remember that much of it, I was wondering if anyone had any advice? We would like to go someplace warm and be able to relax on the beach during the day with some activities, boating, snorkling, etc. and then enjoy some great dinners and nightlife? Any ideas? Thank you!!
Old May 13th, 2007, 02:54 PM

Definitely a wonderful honeymoon spot !! We were just there last September and promised my 2 daughters that we'd even pay for them to go for their honeymoons ! Don't miss the Relax Boats ! We stayed at the J W Marriott - great location and the place is literally a "palace" !
Old May 13th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Original Poster

JerseySue -- Thank you so much for your repsonse! I am looking up the JW Marriott now and it looks amazing! Thanks again!
Old May 14th, 2007, 03:52 PM

I will second the JW Marriott. My wife and I just returned from a marathon Italy trip. The JW was our favorite hotel of all the places we stayed. We also walked all over the island and didn't see too many places (if any) where we would have rather stayed.

You mentioned going to the beach and a number of water activities. Realize that the JW, like most hotels on Capri, isn't right on the water. Not sure if you recall that from your previous trip. If being close to the water is most important, you might want to scout out another place.

Again, can't say enough about the service and amenities of the JW. And it's the little things. Complimentary arrival drink, free internet access, personal tour of the spa and hotel facilities, etc. We'll be back.
Old May 14th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for the advice about the JW. It looks amazing! We didn't have a chance to go to any beaches or go in the water at Capri, just to the Blue Grotto. I was wondering if that was even an option, my finance is a big snorkeler/diver. Thank you for the information.
Old May 15th, 2007, 01:59 AM

There are spectacular "beach" clubs all around Capri. No sand, but set up wonderfully on the stone shore. They have everything: lounges, umbrellas, ladders into the sea, showers, lockers, snorkeling, and best of all, great restaurants. Our favorites are da Luigi and Fontelina.

As for hotels, I would suggest Luna, Mamela, Punta Tragara, and if budget is not an issue, Scalinatella.

You can see all of this at Caprionline.

Have fun!