Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

"Honeymoon" Hotels in Positano/Ravello for under 300 euros?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2004, 03:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi again!

Which hotels would you suggest for a honeymoon in Positano and/or Ravello for under 300 euros/night. View and balcony/terrace a must. Jacuzzi a plus.

THANKS!
Old Feb 28th, 2004, 10:26 PM

Ciao,

Try the Villa Maria in Ravello (WWW.villamaria.it) and in Positano the Villa Rosa (WWW.villarosapositano.it)
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 08:17 AM

Good choices above. Add Casa Albertina in Positano--great views but you will need legs.
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 12:01 PM

Palazzo Murat in Positano - room # 5 - on the corner, double doors on two sides. balcony is tiny though, but room for two little chairs and wonderful! Great romantic hotel with bar / restaurant, garden terrace and short walk to the beach.

See pics / trip report here: hightide.com/travel (click on Italy trip report)
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 01:15 PM

Good suggestion, hightide, but any suggestions as to how to book it? We tried to book that room or any other in that old tower section by calling and reserving nearly a year ahead. We were even told at the time (I did it by phone) that we were the first reservation for that month. Yet they couldn't confirm that room and said it would be subject to availability on our arrival. We arrived at noon, first check-in of the day and we were given a standard room in the annex wing on the ground level (sort of seemed like a basement). We tryed to insist on the other rooms, but they said they were all booked -- obviously by people more important than us, since I went by and two of those rooms had been vacated and were being made up for new arrivals.
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 01:22 PM

Well how disappointing - and frustrating! Can't offer too much help since the rooms were booked by the wedding planner who made the reservations and all the arrangements there for us. Sally Watkins did alot of the arranging too - maybe she could offer some 'muscle'? Tip: When we checked in, our original rooms were on the ground floor and we 'upgraded' to this one for $50 - worth every penny IMHO
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 01:25 PM

Yes, we offered to pay to upgrade, but they wouldn't budge. I got the distinct impression that our case was like yours. They hold those rooms for their regular clients who book -- not the individual traveler who planned ahead.
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 03:05 PM

I was trying to book the Murat, Room #5 too. I already have the garden booked for a wedding dinner for 25 plus, and three other rooms booked and they still would not guaranty room 5!
Old Feb 29th, 2004, 03:35 PM
ira

>They hold those rooms for their regular clients who book..<

How quaint, a continuing relationship between purveyor and patron.
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 08:27 AM

Wow - I guess we must have just lucked out to get #5. Maybe it's like the Presidential suite - they hold it open JUST IN CASE the president shows up? Here's an idea - tell them you ARE the president??? teehee
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 09:40 AM

ninalou-
I posted this last week for someone who was also looking for a room in Positano w/a jacuzzi-----

We stayed at L'Ancora for our honeymoon which is, I believe lower on the coast than Villa Franca, on the other side of the "bay" from Poseidon, but higher up than Covo dei Sarceni.
http://www.htlancora.it/home-eng.htm

We had a junior suite which was a very spacious room with a large terrace overlooking the water. And, we also had our own jacuzzi. The hotel does not have a pool but it is a sister hotel to Covo dei Saranceni and you can use their pool and facilities.

We went in mid-May and believe we paid a little under 300E for the room. The hotel staff were very friendly, the rooms were nice and spacious. I wouldn't call it luxurious if that is what you're looking for but we certainly enjoyed our stay there and would stay there again.

JaneS