Search

Honeymoon Hotel in Rome - Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honeymoon Hotel in Rome - Suggestions?

Hi there!

My fiance and I will be kicking off our honeymoon in Rome on June 9th and will be there for 3 nights. We'll also be hitting Florence, Siena and Positano, so we don't necessarily want to break the bank in Rome, but since it's our first stop I would like to stay somewhere nice. Since we'll be spending most of our time hitting the main stops (Pantheon, Colosseum, Vatican, etc.) we'd like to be in a central location, and would like to pamper ourselves a bit as we kick off married life!

Any suggestions for great hotels centrally located at around $350 (255 euro) per night?

Thanks so much!
Old Feb 25th, 2014, 01:11 PM

Hotel Raphael is very nice and in a fantastic location near the Piazza Navona. It may be a little higher than your price range but it includes an amazing breakfast/brunch that can hold you until dinner ( I am not a big breakfast person and I still loved it). It really is a lovely hotel and they have an amazing terrace with a great view.
Old Feb 25th, 2014, 01:18 PM

Piazza Navona area was great for us. Easy walking to all major sites except Colosseum which was 22,000 steps ( return) on our Fitbit but well worth the walk. We liked the Hotel Adriano a lot.
Old Feb 25th, 2014, 02:03 PM

We stayed at the Albergo del Senato next to the Pantheon. We had a beautiful suite with a four poster bed and a sitting area. The pantheon is right outside and it's a close walk to everything. A big bonus, is the lovely roof top deck where you can have a drink while you enjoy the view of the city. I would certainly return there.
Old Feb 25th, 2014, 03:24 PM

For either the Hotel Raphael or the Albergo del Senato, you will have to add about 100 euro to your nightly budget. I don't know the Hotel Adriano.

You can get a suite at the Hotel Portoghesi, in the same area, for 260, and regular room (not pampering but certainly nice) for 200.

Residenza Montecitorio Rome has junior suites in the 200 euro range, and I would consider that slightly pamper-ish.

Pampering doesn't come within my budget in Rome, but I have either stayed in these or booked them for clients who were very happy.

Relais Maddalena, a small boutique place, in the perfect location, the same as these others, has very nice rooms for 249. I was hoping to stay there once, during much lower season, so spent some time checking it out. It seems very nice and very romantic.

Good luck; I think you can get a nice place for your budget but maybe not quite as nice as some suggest. June 9 is an expensive date in Rome. Make sure you get AC, no matter where you book.