Honeymoon

Old Apr 19th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honeymoon

I am getting married in mid July and we are going to Honeymoon to Europe. We will leave the States, Sunday July 15th and return Tuesday July 24th..

We would like to visit Italy. Rome for sure but we would also like a nice beach or some quiet place to relax, maybe wine country. As much as we want to relax we also want to see a lot of the country we visit.

We have talked about Paris and trying to do the same type thing in France.

Do you think it would be possible to do both Rome and Paris in 8 days, or should we pick one or the other?

We are staying away from London because of the olympics.

We are both 30 years old, we do like to go out and have a good time and would like to be some place fun for the weekend.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 19th, 2012, 07:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think most people here would advise picking one or the other and really enjoying your stay rather than worrying about packing up and moving. My daughter was married last summer and had about 13 nights in Europe so they did 6 or 7 nights in Paris and then flew on a cheap airline to San Sebastian in Spain for the relaxing beach part of their honeymoon. You could do a combination of Rome and then the Amalfi Coast for a similar trip.
Old Apr 19th, 2012, 07:50 AM

BUT you could fly into either Paris or Rome, spend 4 days and then fly to the other. If you round trip to one or the other then you can take the cheap flights between. Here is the web site: http://www.whichbudget.com/
Old Apr 19th, 2012, 07:54 AM

With 8 days you won't get to see "a lot of the country we visit" even if you pick only one country. I would stick to one country, and if it's Italy, spend 4 days in Rome, then move south to someplace like Sperlonga or Gaeta for the relaxing beach part. Eight days goes by incredibly quickly.
Old Apr 19th, 2012, 09:32 AM
ira

Hi K,

>both Rome and Paris in 8 days, or should we pick one or the other?<

I would do one or the other.

My choices would be

1. Paris
2. Paris
3. Venice and Florence
4. Rome

Have a nice visit.

Old Apr 19th, 2012, 09:50 AM

It would be possible to do Rome and Paris, but not really to add in time for relaxation too. Rome sounds like a must, so I'd pick Rome + somewhere on the Amalfi Coast or something like that. Or Rome + Paris, but depending on how you react to big cities, that might not be a relaxing trip!