Hollmann Beletage in Vienna

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16th, 2004, 04:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed at this new hotel in Vienna? It was recently described in Conde Nast Traveler as "stunning". It looks very chic, is well-located and not ridiculously expensive (100-190 euros). We are currently booked at the Konig von Ungarn for a few days in August, but are considering this new hotel.

Comments?
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Original Poster

Are there no Fodorites with knowledge of this new hotel? Please respond if you have heard anything about it.
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 06:28 AM

On Google there is no ref - could only get a ref for Bel Etag restaurant at Hotel de France which is newly renovated. Some other minor reference to Radisson as well.
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 06:04 AM
Original Poster

Travelnick:
I had the same result on Google. Although I did get their website and the hotel looks very cool, very minimalist. It's located a few blocks northeast from Stephensdom.
Has no one heard or seen anything about this new hotel?
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 07:24 AM

Found the web site. I agree it looks to have more modern rooms than KvH and photos suggest reasonable room space for the money. Location wise it is pretty comparable.Achilleus is a very good Greek restaurant on the opposie side of the street - for mezze rather than main courses. Kollnerhofgasse has negligible traffic and no horse carriages. KvH still perhaps has more charm but go for the change if you have been before.
Old Jan 8th, 2005, 05:18 PM

Is there any more information about this hotel?
Old Jan 9th, 2005, 05:25 AM

I am curious about this hotel as I often eat at an Italian restaurant on this street and was unaware of a new hotel there.
Köllnerhofgasse is a very short ( perhaps 200 metres) narrow street ( no parking on either side) with just one way traffic.
It is quiet and well located.
Perhaps most important for an august visit, it is advertised as air conditioned for those who must have it.
This is a good excuse to stop for a pizza. I will visit the hotel too and advise.
Old Jan 9th, 2005, 07:04 AM

To Molker, Thank you for the reply, looking forward to more info.
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 08:35 AM

This talk made me hungry for pizza and I visited my favorite place ( with wood fired oven) on Köllnerhofgasse today. Then a visit to this hotel.

It is better named as a up-scale pension.
Located in an old but renovated building at the Fleischmarkt end of the street.( not acros from Greek restaurant but in next block)
You enter by a common entrance door to the building with numerous other tenants. You must look carefully or you miss it.
Reception is on the Mezzanine floor. Access by a very small elevator( room for two or one with luggage) or by wide series of steps.
The 9 guest rooms are furnished nicely in a modern style. Rooms have safe, mini bar, TV , radio and good closet and work room. Baths very nicely done with good amenities.
I saw two rooms- the standard( 120) and largest ( 160). Furniture was similar- larger room had a couch and of course more space.
Listed prices included tax and breakfast.

No 24 hour reception - you access main door by key or code number when no one is on duty.Other than breakfast room and reception with a small library no services of a hotel.
If you want regular hotel services- this is not the place for you.
This area can get noisy on a weekend as it is near " The Bermuda Triangle"" a series of cafes, bars and discos.
Otherwise the location is good.
Bus and subway lines nearby.
Most tourist sites in easy walking distance.
website

www.hollmann-beletage.at

Re: Konig von Ungarn comparison-
This is much different from style to amenites to service. If you are a great fan of the Konig this may not be for you.
If you like boutique like places try it
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 12:07 PM

To Molker, Many thanks for checking the hotel out and posting a reply. It is much more helpful than going through guidebooks.