High End Apt in Paris ?

Search

High End Apt in Paris ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15th, 2004, 08:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
High End Apt in Paris ?

Does anyone have any experience with renting a "higher-end" apartment in PAris for 3-4 weeks ? Any recommendations or who to contact ? I am trying to find something nice, in a nice area (6-7th?)
Thanks
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 10:07 AM

You will find all price ranges on www.vrboo.com....they can be very pricey is you want.........
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 10:16 AM

How nice? $2000 a week, $10,000 a week? No, I'm not kidding.
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 10:25 AM

I have stayed in two superb apartments, one beside the Eiffel Tower in the 7th, with a to-die-for view, and one in the 6th close to Lux. Gardens. I would be happy to put you in contact with the owners.
Let me know if you're interested.
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 10:33 AM

Most people rave about the apts at parisperfect.com (do a text search here for comments). I think they're mostly in the 7th.
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 10:37 AM

parisperfect.com is great. Last June we had a wonderful experience with owners, apt, service, all. A few concerns have been voiced on this board about the price from those not wanting higher end. We certainly got what we paid for & more.
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 10:51 AM

I don't have any experience, but my idea of high end is a lot of what I see on the regular Paris vacation apt. web sites, like www.chezvous.com or www.parisperfect.com or www.francehomestyle.com, etc, or vbro

HOwever, I do have note of a site that has some higher end ones, in addition:
www.forparis.com

I also found this one rented by owner that is gorgeous, highend and near St-Sulpice; it has a private courtyard, 2 bedrooms and is quite reasonably priced for that. I think the owner is an orchestra conductor or something. HEre's the URL:
http://www.apartexchange.com/rent_Pa...non_modern.htm

There are some other luxury ones on that web site. I found another one that is really nice in the 7th near Sevres that has an owner web site and will try to find that note.

I think Sandra Gustafson mention's higher end agents in her book Great Sleeps in Paris (back section). She does think Rothray is the best and very good (I"ve read that elsewhere, also) rothray.free.fr

However, they deal mainly with the Right Bank and some of their apts (esp Left Bank) aren't anything special to me (the Bernard Palissy one is rented by many other agencies, also).
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 11:38 AM
MAP

We rented from Terry Avery (myhomeinfrance.net) after reading his ad in Town and Country. Our studio was 160 per night and wonderful. While there, we visited his new apartment just outside the Luxembourg Gardens. Wow!! It is fabulous. $250 a night. Look at the website. Terry is American and very nice to work with. Highly recommend. He and his properties are real finds, and he is completely trustworthy.
Old Jan 16th, 2004, 10:46 AM

I found the private apt. I was thinking of, it's at www.piedaparis.com It's a nice 1+ bedroom in the Sevres/Vaneau area. Maybe that isn't higher end to you, at 200 euro a day, but it looked fairly nice to me. It's not luxury, though.

I also saw some nice ones on www.athomeinfrance.com Their one on rue de Grenelle looks really nice and is a little over 200 euro per day.
Old Jan 16th, 2004, 11:30 AM

Having clicked on Intex's name and looked at some past posts and seeing the cruise lines and hotels normally used, I'd think that high end in Paris is more luxurious that most of these suggestions would offer. But it would be nice to hear again from Intex (yes, I realize it's only been one day) as obviously there are many people with suggestions.

More specifics, Intex?
Old Jan 16th, 2004, 11:43 AM

I was daydreaming earlier this mroning about this and came upon a lovely website...apartment-living.com...
and there IS a studio with a view of the Seine...and then there is a 6 bedroom for only 9,000 's a month...
...just was fuel to my daydreams! I wanna go back to Paris so badly...sigh
Old Jan 16th, 2004, 12:47 PM

Yes, High End has little meaning..what it high to one, may not be to another...you need to say in euros if you want real help.........
Old Jan 17th, 2004, 11:41 AM

Have you looked at vacationinparis.com?
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 01:01 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for everyones prompt and helpfull replys.
I apologise for the delay in checking the site, but was unavailable.
Also I do understand that "high-end" is extreley vagua. I have just seen too many apts in Paris that are extremely low-end, either in undesirable locations or just in really bad shape. I usually stay in hotels in Paris, but if all members of my famnily make this trip,I will need 3 rooms, and for a stay of 2-3 weeks, it just gets too expensive there. Depending upon how many people end up going (studio or 1 or 2 bedroom)Anywhere from 1500-2500 euros a week ?? It's OK to stay at the Intercontinental or others for 3-5 nites, but for 20 nites x 2 or 3 rooms ... too much.
I will check all the sites, then report back.
Yavamos- What info do you have on the apt in the 6th near Lux Gardens?
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 01:09 PM

Check this one out; it includes a brief article on how to approach renting an apartment so that you get what you want.

http://www.bonjourparis.com/pages/pa...ntagencies.php