Disneyland Paris -- cheap tickets?

Jan 19th, 2004, 06:28 AM
Original Poster

Disneyland Paris -- cheap tickets?

OK, don't laugh and please no Disney "political" comments. We've been to Paris many times and this summer will be there another 12 nights. Since I've always loved Disney World and Disneyland (CA), I thought it would really be fun to spend a day at Disneyland Paris. I know the day prices aren't cheap, but are there any easily accessed specials for one day tickets?
Jan 19th, 2004, 06:53 AM

Patrick, I too love Disney and have told my husband that we will go to DP at some point. Try disboards.com for cheap tips. I know it's not doing as well as they hoped so I'd imagine deals can be had. Also check with AMerican Express if you have a card with them b/c they are Disney partners and often have special discounts if you call them.
Jan 19th, 2004, 07:34 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the tip, swalter, but I can't seem to link to anything on disboards except information about Disney World -- no links to Disneyland Paris, or comments about it.
Jan 19th, 2004, 08:20 AM

Given their financial problems, you probably can acquire a controlling interest in their stock for less than the cost of the tickets.
Jan 19th, 2004, 09:26 AM

Patrick, we also went to Disney Paris when we had an extended Paris vacation. We easily took the train into the park. The attractions are mostly introduced in French and English. The food and beverages are much better than in Orlando. We went on a rainy, chilly day in March and we still had a good time.
Jan 19th, 2004, 09:36 AM

If you can't find any deals before you go, then go to the Disney store in Paris and inquire there. That is where we received good information about park hours, transportation, prices, policies, etc.
Jan 19th, 2004, 09:40 AM
Tat

I would love to know more about it.
Thanks for the subject...
Jan 19th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Tat

I've just typed in Search "EuroDisney" and it brought tons of info.
Try thishttp://www.disneylandparis.com/fr/introduction.htm
I couldn't read French ... There is link Groups and Admissions (French)

Jan 19th, 2004, 10:38 AM
Tat

http://www.dlp-guidebook.de/HintsInfos/Prices.htm

It has live chat with 74 people chatting now.
Jan 19th, 2004, 11:50 AM

In the spring they are running specials for packages that include rooms and tickets (kids stay free). I haven't found any discounts on tickets only, except, if you buy at least 20 shares of their stock and then send in a 15 euro fee, you can join the shareholder's club and save 15% on tickets. The 20 shares cost less than the transaction fee on the trade. We will buying 5 tickets, so it made sense for us to join the shareholder's club to get the discount.

As for disboards.com, go onto the message boards, then scroll way down, and you will get to the board for DLP.

Jan 19th, 2004, 12:39 PM

Another board that discusses DLP in great detail is thedibb.co.uk. Much of the discussion there is about Orlando trips, too, but most of the folks who post there are DLP veterans who I know would be able to help with a question like this.

Also, from what I've heard, the shareholder program has traditionally offered the best deals.
Jan 19th, 2004, 01:10 PM
CalgirlSusan

When I was living in Paris, it was quite easy to find special priced tickets for a day at Disneyland Paris. That's been a few years ago, but I would suggest you look when you are there. There were often coupons in English language local magazines.