Help with some trip choices

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am minister who will be doing mission work with my wife in Serbia in late march. Before we get there, we have the choice of staying in one of the following ciites for 4 days. London, Paris, Frankfurt, Zurich Geneva, Vienna, or Rome.

My wife and I would very much like to spend some romantic time together. We enjoy walking together, taking in the sights and culture. We are pretty conservative so a rowdy atmosphere is not really wanted. Maybe we could even get some bikes or something.

Out of these, hats a good walking around city (where everything is kinda close together) with great little eating places, great sights to see, and romantic?

This is my very first post and I'm sorry its long, but I could use some help and ideas. By the way, I love Budapest and have been there many times...that may give you a hint to our tastes
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 04:44 PM

I don't see how you could beat Paris for a romantic, walking-around type city with sights and culture!
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 04:49 PM

Of those cities, I have been to London, Paris, Rome, and Vienna. I liked them all, but think Paris, or perhaps Rome, sounds like what you are looking for. Both are wonderful, romantic, strolling cities, with wonderful sights in close proximity to each other and charming places to eat that it's easy to happen upon. My impression of London is that it's more spread out and not as visually stunning (though I felt very much at home there) and Vienna is beautiful, but not so bursting with the things you have always read about and imagined seeing as Paris and Rome. Also, I like the food better in the latter two.
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 05:00 PM

Skip Frankfurt. Too modern. You have to get outside the city quite a ways to see quaintness.
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 05:06 PM

Paris or Rome!
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Original Poster

thanks so much for the insight on these places