Help with hotel in Rome for our 20th weddding anniversary

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2005, 05:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I will be traveling to Rome to celebrate our anniversay in early June. Can anyone recommend restaurants and of course a choice of hotels that one might recommend from experience. This is our first time in Rome so any information is truly appreciated.
Old Jan 26th, 2005, 05:37 AM

http://www.hotelsancarloroma.com/index.htm

My sister just booked the Hotel San Carlo, which is near the Spanish Steps, after receiving several recommendations from this site. They're going to Italy on their honeymoon and meeting us (we live in Germany) in Tuscany during part of it.
Old Jan 26th, 2005, 05:53 AM

ABJS, I can heartily second the recommendation of the Hotel San Carlo. I myself will be there at the end of May and again at the beginning of the 2nd week of June. The location is great, hotel personnel friendly and helpful, and the hotel itself is very nice.

How long will you be in Rome? Do you have a budget you're working within?

I'd recommend the Buca di Ripetta restaurant on via di Ripetta. Also Vegetarian Margutta on via Margutta; try it even if you aren't a vegetarian, it's terrific! (I'm not a vegetarian but dined there on a Friday during Lent, and found it to be great!) A restaurant in Trastevere called Sabatini is also wonderful; it's a short cab ride from your hotel. The staff at Hotel San Carlo can make other dining recommendations for you, and make reservations for you, too, if you like. They're very fluent in English.

While in Rome, do not miss the Galleria Borghese; even if you're not "art" types, you'll love the sculpture and paintings, and your ticket will dictate that you can't spend more than 2 hours there anyway.

Buon Viaggio,
BC
Old Jan 26th, 2005, 06:37 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your responce I will check out this hotel. Our first thought was the Grand hotel Plaza. We did not like the price but we did think the interier was fantastic! Now we have read the ratings from this site and have decided to look further. Perhaps we will save $ as well as . recieve great information.

We are starting our travel in Tuscany. There we will spend a week. Our Rome stay is for three days.

The restaurants sound great. English speaking is great. I do have a stranslasion book, but I enjoy the people who are brighter than I and can speak other langages.

Thank you both for your advice!
Old Jan 26th, 2005, 06:46 AM

You're welcome! I hope you & your husband have a fabulous time. Please feel free to e-mail me directly if you'd like further info, or I can help out in another way. Your trip sounds really fantastic!

BC