Help with hotel in Cinque Terre - Monterrosso

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5th, 2006, 04:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am trying to help my daughter find a hotel in Cinque Terre, preferably Monterrosso for 2 nights during their trip to Italy for their honeymoon. I have contacted the ones listed here most frequently, Villa Steno, Pasquale. We are trying to find something in the intermediate price range ( 100 - 150 U.S. dollars) with air conditioning and a view of the sea. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The dates are September 20 - 22, 2006.
Old Jun 5th, 2006, 05:03 AM

Here are some additional resources:

Monterossonet.com
Cinqueterre.it

The Hotel Porto Roco may also be a choice if sea views are a must - but the price may be too high.

There are also some accomdations on Italyby.com We stayed at La Poesia B&B and loved it. No sea view but very well located with charming host.

Monterosso has an old town and a new town. The new town has quite a few hotels close to the beach - see the first site above. The old town is more charming to me but it all depends on what you want.

Old Jun 5th, 2006, 06:08 AM

I would think the Porto Roco would be out of that price range.

Take a look at the Hotel 5Terre in the new town. It's not on the water but has a few rooms with a little bit of ocean view. Good breakfast. Clean. Nice people.

Or they could look into renting an apt. in the area.
Old Jun 5th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Original Poster

Yes, the Porto Roco is a little high. They are spending more in Venice, so want to spend a little less in Cinque Terre. Thanks for the information so far, any more recommendations of hotel with view and air-conditioning in the 150 U.S. dollar range would be appreciated.
Old Jun 11th, 2006, 01:38 PM

Two years ago we stayed at Hotel Pasquale. My nephew was there on his honeymoon and he highly recommended it. All rooms have a sea view (it is built into the cliff). You don't need airconditioning (I don't recall having or using it and we were there in mid June). It is family run and the breakfasts are really good. I have a picture of my family taken our first night there. We were sitting outside at their table watching all the people go by - drinking wine - eating cheese - laughing and having a wonderful time. It is a photo that I can claim is from one of the best days of my life.
Old Jun 11th, 2006, 01:57 PM
PJK

Here is another vote for Pasquale. It is not luxurious by any means, but the view is great (though there was no balcony), the location is great, the breakfast was good, and the owners were especially helpful when we had to leave in an incredible downpour. He took us to the train station and refused any tip for doing so.