Help with Anacapri hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29th, 2004, 06:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for input on accomadations for 150E or less in Anacapri in late Sept. The Senaria, Il Girasole and Bellavista hotels all look somewhat promising but am looking for anyone with personal experience with any of these spots. Input on accomadations in Capri in that price range is also welcomed!
Old Nov 29th, 2004, 04:00 PM

Go to caprionline.com which will have a list of hotels and their star rating. You can check for hotels in your price range and then put the hotels names in the "search this forum" box or re-post a question.
We stayed in the Mamela in Capri but I just checked and their non seaview room is 190 euros. I then checked the San Michele in Anacapri and their prices appear to be in keeping with your limit. We did go on the premises because we had heard good things about it and it seemed very lovely but we did not see the guest rooms. The San Michele has a pool I think, and that would be a must with me. We did a lot of hiking and it was a real treat to take a dip in the pool at the end of our day. Good luck. We loved our trip there.
Old Nov 29th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your input smacknmo. I did go to caprionline for their ratings but was looking for some personal experiences. Tripadvisor gives the Senaria Hotel good reviews and it does look lovely on the website so I may be leaning towards that one. I may also give the San Michele another look based on your impressions. Thanks!
Old Dec 1st, 2004, 10:29 AM

The San Michele is pretty decent. Nice large pool, okay restaurant. Okay deal considering it's Capri (well, okay, Anacapri).

I've heard wildly contrasting reports on the girasole. Some say it's fine, others say it's a pit. I think it depends on your expectations.

Another interesting place to try might be Villa Eva. A little bit out of town (5 min walk to centro) in Anacapri, it has a college clientele, but very cute and eclectic.

Bellavista is nice. Good location. GREAT views (hence the name "bellavista&quot. Weird restaurant hours, but there are plenty of other places to eat nearby.

Have not heard anything about Senaria - think it's relatively new.

Old Dec 2nd, 2004, 07:52 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your thoughts nnolen. I was almost sold on Villa Eva but read a terribile review on tripadvisor. It sounds like there a few good choices. Based on the website and good reviews on tripadvisor I'm leaning towards Senaria but I have time to mull it over.
Old Dec 3rd, 2004, 02:56 AM

colleenk, please cross the Villa Eva off your list. Could hardly sleep in the damp and airless room. This from someone who is easy to please. And nnolen must have walked extremely fast, uphill, to get from the Villa Eva to Anacapri in five minutes (from the main bus stop in Anacapri to the Villa Eva it is fifteen minutes, downhill, IF you know where you're going.
Old Dec 3rd, 2004, 11:54 AM

Thank you jqreports. I actually lived in Anacapri for over a year, and there is a shortcut to villa eva through town that takes 5 minutes. If you walk around the bendy roads that head down to the grotta azurra, then yes, it takes 15 minutes.
Sorry to hear that so many people have had bad experiences there...I must admit it has been 7 years since I stayed there. It could have gone downhill.
Still, you've got lots of other decent choices in that price range.