Help! Vinohrady or Neruda ?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Au
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Myself and my husband (in our 30s) will be arriving in Prague around 12pm on Saturday and then depart on Monday around 10am for a flight out to Venice. It is a very short stay in Prague and hence we need your help and advice urgently on our accommodation location.

Currently I have apartment offers (fast expiring soon!!) from 2 places, one located along Neruda street, the other in Vinohrady.

We are not into Museums and Art stuff.....would just enjoy strolling around....particularly along Charles Bridge (went Prague 9 years ago....we strolled along the bridge at least dozens of times!), the parks.......the City.....

I learnt that both Neruda and Vinohrady are pretty places with parks and great views of the Castle......hence, would need your advice on which location is a better bet? Will Vinohrady be rather far from the Charles Bridge etc in your opinion? Also....Neruda will be nearer to the Airport I suppose.....

Please help to advice! Thank you very much!
Old Apr 11th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Au
Original Poster

TTT

help....please! Thank you!
Old Apr 12th, 2005, 12:47 AM
Au
Original Poster

TTT
Old Apr 12th, 2005, 10:35 AM

I can't say for sure, they both would be acceptable, of course. However, given it is such a short trip, I would recommend the Neruda location as it is much more central and right in the middle of things you can walk around seeing and experiencing. That's the one I would choose, but you don't say where the one in Vinohrady is and it's possible it's not even near a metro station.

I wouldn't rent an apartment for a two day stay, myself, it seems like a lot of trouble.
Old Apr 12th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Au
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your response! Yes the location is 'Sazavska street' in Vinohrady.

Grateful for more advice!!!! Thank you!!!
Old Apr 13th, 2005, 12:30 AM
Au
Original Poster

Topping.....thanks!!!
Old Apr 13th, 2005, 07:39 PM

Go with Neruda, if you just want to stroll around. Vinohrady is a great area, but out of the loop, as far as getting to the main sites quickly by walking. (Neruda Ulice is near all the main attractions, like the bridge & castle). Perfect location for a taste of Old World Prague. Petrin hill is close by, with the terrific walking trails..
Old Apr 13th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Au
Original Poster

Dear all,

thanks so much for your replies and help! Unfortunately the Neruda offer is a shared bathroom, which husband doesn't quite like. However, good news is I found another good location! It's an apartment, located in Plaska, meaning it's closer to Petrin as well as to the Charles Bridge and Old Town. It's at a very good price too and the kind owner even offer to fetch us from the Airport! Will post my report after I am back. Looking forward to Prague & Venice! Thank you all!