Help planning Paris visit

Old Apr 9th, 2022, 09:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help planning Paris visit

I will be in Paris for 3 1/2 days in June. I have selected the following places to visit and seek help creating an itinerary:
- Musee d'Orsay
- Tuileries Garden and Orangerie
- Musee Rodin
- Sacre Coeur
- St. Chapelle
- E. Dehellerin
- Passages

Is this a reasonable amount to do in 3 1/2 days and which items might best work together. We will be staying at a hotel on the Ile St. Louis. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old Apr 9th, 2022, 10:32 AM

Yes, I think this is a reasonable amount to plan for. You didn't mention what days of the week you will be visiting and some sights are closed on various days. I would first look at the days the places you would like to visit are open which will help you plan an itinerary. I remember feeling I made a mistake visiting the D'Orsay the day after it had been closed as it was very crowded.

The Orangerie is small and won't take you too long to visit. The Rodin museum is also fairly small although it has a lovely sculpture garden and also has a little cafe outside so you may wish to linger longer there. Both museums are wonderful. The D'Orsay is much larger and will a longer time to visit.

Personally, I found Sacre Coeur to be disappointing but it is a sight on most "to do" lists.

I am envious you get to visit Paris soon!
Old Apr 10th, 2022, 09:23 AM

The Orangerie museum is in the SW corner of the Tuileries gardens and just across the Seine via a pedestrian bridge from the Orsay museum, so you could easily combine a visit all three.
According to a Google map, Dehillerin is a 6 minute walk to the passage Galerie Vivienne, and a further 9 minutes to the Passage des Panoramas. Of course, there are other passages at varying distances.
You didn't mention the Invalides (Napoleon's tomb), but it combines well with a visit to the Rodin museum.
The Sainte-Chapelle is only a 10 minute walk from the Pont Saint Louis footbridge that connects the Ile Saint Louis with the Ile de la Cité.

Hope you have a wonderful visit!
Old Apr 10th, 2022, 02:05 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
We’ve stayed on Ile St. Louis many, many times., mostly in Sept. but twice in June.
St. Chapelle is very close to you. In June I would choose a time and get skip the line tickets.

Dehelierin is wonderful if you can purchase large items. We wanted a small, copper gift and were practically kicked out….go to Williams-Sonoma we were told. That said, they do have beautiful things.p, if large

Been to Sacre Coeur several times. Best was in a private car rental at night along with several other sights.
Don’t see Eiffel Tower on your list, so I will assume you’ve seen it, especially at night.

D’Orsay is outstanding, but again in June I’d get a ticket at a time you choose. As is The opera house, again outstanding.

As our experience goes, Sept. Oct. Nov. take your chances, June, on 2 visits, book ahead, very busy everywhere.

Passage Vivienne along with dinner or lunch a Le Grand Colbert was a highlight.
Old Apr 10th, 2022, 06:54 PM

Go up the staircase to the rooftop of Sacre Coeur. My very favorite thing to do in Paris.
Old Apr 11th, 2022, 05:56 AM
Original Poster

KTtravel,
Thank you for the advice. I am thrilled to be going to Paris after the lockdown. I tend to overplan, so this time I'm trying to build in some free time to just enjoy Paris.
Old Apr 11th, 2022, 06:03 AM
Original Poster

MaineGG-This is just the kind of logistical information I am looking for. Thanks!
Old Apr 11th, 2022, 06:03 AM
Original Poster

TPAYT- Thanks for the suggestion!
Old Apr 12th, 2022, 04:34 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
L’lot Vache on the corner of Rue Saint-Louis en Ile and Rue des Deux Ponts is a favorite of ours.
We’ve had dinner there too many times to count.
https://restaurantguru.com/Lilot-vache-Paris#gallery

Just another suggestion.
Old Apr 12th, 2022, 09:26 AM

Is it Sainte Chapelle, or Ste, not St. This isn't a saint's name, like St Dave Chappelle. You won't see St Chapelle on any Paris website or official place. That is an adjective (it means holy) and Chapelle is feminine and means chapel, so it has to be Sainte to agree in gender, as with Romance languages. That's why in French, male saints have Saint in front of their name, and female saints have Sainte. Like the churches St Louis and St Germain for male saints versus Sainte Odile and Sainte Anne.

Personally, I don't think you have much to do for 3.5 days myself, that isn't a lot. You could do the Orsay museum, the Tuileries garden , that shop and the passages on one day. that leaves only Sacre Coeur and the Rodin Museum. You could thus go up to Montmartre one day and to the 7th arr another, but the Rodin museum isn't going to take that long. If you throw in the ORangeries with the Tuileries, you culd choose what day for the Orsay, as it could go with either the Rodin or the island. I personally don't like to visit more than one museum/gallery a day, at least not both art. For example, near the Rodin is the Invalides, an outstanding military museum. But you may not be into that kind of thing.
Old Apr 18th, 2022, 04:10 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the restaurant recommendation. L'Ilot Vache sounds nice and is close to our hotel.
Old Apr 18th, 2022, 04:20 PM
Original Poster

Christina-
Thanks for setting me straight on the spelling of Ste. Chapelle and for the planning suggestions.